Is there any public library of G-codes

Very well stated.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yup. Even handguns. There are some rules you must obey.

Mom wants some for her garden.

A one man hobby shop is immune to OSHA. We had MiOSHA go after our club when a member had a high level on a blood test. Guy has a basement range, is a CCW instructor, range safety officer, serious shooter, ect. We don't have *ANY* employees. MiOsha overstepped and backed off.

I'd get a bit worried about posting G code for a full auto varient, just because the feds have more time and money than you and if you need to pay for a lawyer, they just won even if you prevail. Semi auto stuff, go for it.

Wes

Wes

That may be federal law, but some states don't allow it. NJ, for example.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

State law can be more restrictive than federal law. I can't license a suppressor or any other NFA arm in Michigan afaikt. There seems to be some sketchy ground with machineguns on the currio list but I'm not that brave to test it.

As I mentioned to Iggy, if you have to hire a lawyer, they won. At least at my paygrade.

Wes

Wes
[ ... ]

Depends on where you live. In towns or cities, they tend to get upset about something like that "reducing property value". :-)

Otherwise, I would have one to expand *my* shop. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Gunner Asch on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:35:19 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Rain is our concern. And the neighbors. And the Home Owners association.

If figure to get something done this summer - at worst I wall off the carport ...

When I figure out what I need, and where I'll put it ... I'll keep you in mind. Although I can probably contact my local scroungers, and save on shipping :-)

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Ignoramus16581 on Fri, 16 Jul

2010 12:13:50 -0500 typed >> A law may be old, it may be out dated (e.G., The Mining Act of

Good. Can you make a Real AK-47 in California? Can you legally own one in California? Or Washington State? Something tells me you can't - RCW section 9 for the State of Washington.

No, really. The BATFE really are dangerous. Just ask Randy Weaver's wife. Or Conway LeBleu, Steven David Willis, Todd W. McKeehan and Robert J. Williams. Might even ask David Koresh for that matter. Oh wait, sorry, they're all dead. "Never mind." Remember, they're from the Government, and they're here to prove it. The BATF also have a reputation for not exactly hiring out of the deep end of the gene pool.

Drawing =/= g-codes.

In this day and age, the reality is:

"We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.

and that means, that yes, BATFE will likely raid your place, to stay in favor with the budget writers. And any agency which can come up with an excuse will also investigate. And you will be found in non-compliance, and subject to fines.

Or can you guarantee that you are not in violation of any part of a Federal Code long deemed sufficient to edict a ham sandwich? I'm not.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Wes on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:45:06 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

member had

range safety

That may be the way it was. But I'm reading of more and more cases where the Agency doesn't try and bring you into compliance on the first complaint, but fines you for your violation. It is one means of getting revenue.

Ever wonder why Airlines have started tacking on so many fees? Because the fees they charge aren't covered as part of the Ticket, which is subject to tax. If private businesses can figure out how to raise revenue without having to raise prices - do you think government agencies aren't capable of learning how to raise revenue without raising taxes?

tschus pyotr

Semi auto is "okay" - just remember, there are people in positions of power and authority, who cannot tell the difference between a machine gun, an assault rifle, and a sporterized civilian model. And then there are the idiots who report every death involving a firearm with a machine gun graphic.

tschus pyotr == pyotr filipivich "We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

The weird part, here in Washington - you are permitted (with the right permits) to own a Silencer. It is forbidden to use one, but you can own one. I always ask "So, if I use the silencer, who's going to hear about it?"

Lawyers are like nukes, you pray you never need one, but when you need one, you need a big one.

pyotr == pyotr filipivich "We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Then you are living in the wrong place..or have the wrong hobby.

Shrug.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Carports are good.

And whatever prompted you to move into some place with a HOA?????????

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

[ ... ]

Yes -- but I got the hobby long after we got the house. It would cost too much to sell, and move all the heavy machine tools to somewhere more liberal.

Especially cost too much with a retirement income 15 years old.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

More Liberal? You mean less totalitarian, doncha?

Shrug...thats not something I can fix up for ya. Which is why Ill never move into an HOA home, no matter the reason. I like my freedom far far too much.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Depends on how you want to interpret the words. :-) "More liberal" as in "less restrictive".

Unlike you, I don't consider "liberal" to be a bad term. :-)

[ ... ]

There is no HOA in this neighborhood. It is the *town* which is imposing this, and they started it after we were already in residence.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yeah, sort of.

47 and 74 both.

Are are the same sort of ignorant moron American's have degenerated into.

HTH

John R. Carroll

Gunner Asch on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:20:41 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

A one bedroom apartment and a storage unit - both full. And "such a deal" on a three bedroom place ... didn't pay attention to the details. "I was young and inexperienced" Should have, next time will, if there is a next time.

It was either one of the smarter things I've done (buying this place) or the dumbest. But the mortgage and taxes were less than the rent and storage fees.

If I can figure out how to get a shipping container around and down in back, I might be able to camouflage it - plant beans, hops or just let the black berries grow. Et viola - who can see it?

Oooh, "beater" delivery truck! Just drive it round back, and park it. Let it settle in a bit, and ... tada! As long as I don't take the wheels off, in theory I can drive it out.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

pyotr filipivich on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:50:50

Ha! I just learned - as long as it isn't Obvious, who cares?

Okay, add that to the "to do list" - move logs, take down fence, get the fill dirt & earth mover, find a shipping container and move it, then put the fence back up. I figure the Blackberries are on their own ....

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Neither.

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

There is actually some precedent here. The US Gov tried to squelch the development of non-government cryptography, and one large weapon was the strict ITAR controls on crypto anything. One place it came to a head was the PGP encryption program for email. It turned out that while export of the code as a source code file could be restricted, that same code printed on paper (with helpful bar code per line) came under freedom of expression, and so had to be permitted.

Joe Gwinn

Ref: "Crypto: how the code rebels beat the government -- saving privacy in the digital age", Steven Levy, Penguin 2001.

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

"John R. Carroll" on Fri, 16 Jul 2010

20:48:12 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"yeah, sort of." Another way of say "no, not really." Yep, we have a genuwine AK-47 here, except that it is semi-automatic only, only takes a special 5 round magazine, doesn't have the integral bayonet, fires the twenty two caliber long rifle. But it looks like a Real AK-47 - sort of. Right, and would you like to buy this watch?

And you have these? Or you think they ought to be legally available.? Considering how two of my rifles cannot legally be owned in California - and they are both semi-automatic knock offs - I doubt that I can have a full up Avtomat Kalisnikov 47 ("Vhy Valtz ven you can Rock e Rollski?" The gun that won Wars of Liberation allover the world.) in California.

toodles == pyotr filipivich "We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich