Is there any public library of G-codes

Joseph Gwinn on Sat, 17 Jul 2010 10:57:49 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

That, and the guy who developed PGP, was very careful to not upload it to any non-US boards. That someone else did, was not his "fault".

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

You only need the proper permits and liscencing. What you can't di in California is sell them ti ordinary civilians.

All are legally available, well - YOU can't just go out and pick one up - and there are hundreds or perhaps thousands of them around. The same is true for the Barrets you God/Guts and Gun idiots bray so luodly about. Shit, Ahnald got a pair of BMG 50's last year IIRC.

They are not, however, for the unwashed poverty stricken masses which suits me just fine.

John R. Carroll

Full auto mode is grossly overrated and is almost completely unnecessary.

Ignoramus19697

"Unnecessary" for what? Defending yourself from the invasion of the Teabaggers?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Interesting!

Thanks!

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Elitist?

Reply to
Wes

We agree on one there...

Reply to
cavelamb

IIRC, the current varient of the M16 has a 3 shot burst control. I served post Vietnam but read a lot of books about that subject. Many books pointed out that green troops would either burn magazines at non threat noises or the enemy would make noises to run the troops out of ammo quickly. Is there any validity to what I read?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Great minds think alike. The second bullet will not follow the path of the first bullet, with an AK, anyway.

The Russians developed a new gun called AN-94, that actually can shoot two bullets on the same trajectory.

Ignoramus19697

John sure sounds like Barbara Boxer doesnt he? Virulent antigun Democrat who carries a pistol wherever she goes.

Fascinating to see an Elitist so unconcerned about being exposed.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

to run the

Yes, unfortunately. Such killed a lot of greenies and ARVIN troops.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I've been threatening to make a few 15 and 10 uppers, all my shop guys want one. But, I only have one Bridgeport and it's stuffed with "Real" work. Starting from a billet or an 80% is only a time difference. The biggest thing that keeps giving me pause is I have no real use for one that my Mini-14s can't do.

Reply to
Buerste

Just being honest Wes. Nothing more.

People making $40K have no business whatever with a five thousand dollar rifle and if the want to spend that much of their income on a gun, they can spend the $3,500.00 it taqkes to do the rest of what's required and $2,500.00 for an attorney to make it happen for them.

OR, they can spen a grand and get something off the shelf that's equally serviceable. In either case, dick size won't change.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

That's why the military teaches aimed fire in short bursts, Anyone worth squat can set up a trigger stop if they want and voila - you have empty the magazine auto fire.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Yes.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I also agree with the crowd of people who say that you cannot make them as accurate as quality factory rifles (not a factor for AKs). There is a lot of tricks for top notch, sub-MOA accuracy, beyond just running some clever G code.

Ignoramus19697

Which *may* be a benefit, if the first bullet was not quite properly aimed to start with. :-)

Or -- if there are multiple opponents standing clustered close together. :-)

So the first bullet either misses or kills the target.

The second one also misses, or kills an already dead target?

Perhaps some kind of ammunition is needed for the second bullet which is the equivalent of a silver bullet for a vampire or werewolf, except for instant zombies?

Oh -- and is this "follows the same path" taking into account recoil? Is the AN-94 recoilless?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It fires two rounds so fast (theoretical rate of fire is 1800 rounds per minute) that, according to reports, "a trained shooter can put both rounds through the same hole at 100 meters."

It's an interesting gun, but it sounds complicated, especially for a Russian gun:

Ed Huntress

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:39:21 -0400, Wes wrote the following:

to run the

I heard and read that, too, Wes. I don't know about current, but I shot an M-16 which was set up to do a 2/3-round burst at a machine gun shoot here in SoOr a few years ago. I liked the AK better, but the M-16 was a fine rifle, too.

I did several one and two/three shot bursts with the AK several times, then spent the rest of the 30-shot mag in full auto on a chebby van parked downrange. I missed the binary packet hidden inside, but after the initial positive sine wave, I got control and put a nice flat strafe down the radiator, through the driver's door at heart height, and halfway down the body before it quickly ran out of boolies. OK, I've now shot a full auto and much, much prefer a semi for stability, cost of ammo, and, above all, accuracy. About 30 seconds after I had handed the rifle back to the vendor, I looked up and someone had hit the binary and there was a huge explosion and concussion. Everyone cheered and fun was had by all. Those are fun metal-meets. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

noises to run the

I have never shot full auto (not even in my 2 months in the Soviet Army) so I cannot compare, but in semiauto I have a decent control of where I am shooting, and it seems effective enough for all imaginable purposes.

Ignoramus19697