Missing toolbar buttons

This may have been covered before and I missed it, but there seem to be a lot of commonly used commands that do not have toolbar buttons, such as check a sketch for a feature, insert a pattern of components, etc.. Are they really not there, or am I just too dumb to see them? I've started to create them as macros, but at least for the sketch checking, that didn't work either (I used the macro recorder - I don't know enough to create one from scratch). Seems kinda wasteful of time to drill down thru the menu system for such commonly used commands.

Reply to
ed_1001

Go to View/Toolbars/Customize... or right click any toolbar besides the Command Manager and go to Customize... Then click the Commands tab and scroll through the Categories. Drag the command buttons you need to the appropriate toolbar.

jjf

ed_1001 wrote:

Reply to
Jesse James

Believe it or not some buttons actually disappeared in sp1.0. Most notably, the texture button on the standard toolbar. There is an spr for it. Makes me think there is a bull in the china shop the way basic fundamentals can get borked just going from sp to sp....

Zander

Jesse James wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Yes, but if there is not icon before the item in the menu trees, there doesn't appear to be any command button for the operation. Things like "save as", "check sketch for feature", etc. And when you are editing a sketch, recording a macro doesn't work right.

Jesse James wrote:

Reply to
ed_1001

The check sketch is one I use all the time because I really suck at sketching. The pull down was a PITA so I make a key stroke "S". "s" is not used and is easy to make a short cut key, and faster then looking on the tool bar because it is not there. If I could remember I would make key strokes for everything. SW uses ctr^m for measure. I found it some where.

Steve

ed_1001 wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Steve, I tried it. Works perfectly. Even faster than a button (I love hot keys!). Thanks.

I still haven't found one for inserting a linear component pattern in an assembly. Why can't SW be more consistent and user friendly? While it's fairly capable, the interface blows.

Steve wrote:

Reply to
ed_1001

To add a Hotkey for a Component Linear Pattern, it at: Insert/Component Pattern/Linear Pattern

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

Sorry if I'm kinda thick, but I can't find this. I've rechecked the list at least a dozen times, and it's not there. At least in 2006SP4.1 What version are you using?

T> To add a Hotkey for a Component Linear Pattern, it at:

Reply to
ed_1001

Its just called Linear pattern. Of course the feature pattern is also called Linear Pattern.

The component patterns are under Tools, and the feature patterns are under Insert.

Use the Search function in the Keyboard tab to find the word Pattern or something.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

Ok. Still can't find it. The only pattern under Tools is the sketch pattern.

Reply to
ed_1001

Ok, pardon me, I see you are using 2006. I was talking about the Tools, Customize, Keyboard area for 2007, which is different from 2006.

Insert, Component Pattern, Linear Pattern is I think what you are looking for, but you will need to be in an assembly to see it.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

I've come to the conclusion that it can't be done in 2006. It just doesn't exist on the customize keyboard list. Until we upgrade to

2007, I'll just have to continue with all the mouse clicks. I'm going to check 2007 when I get home.
Reply to
ed_1001

It's there in my 2006 version. Open an assy, then go to Tools/Customize/Keyboard. (I know, you knew that.) Then in the Categories: box select Insert. Then in the Commands: box select Component Pattern/Linear Pattern

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yep, there it is. I missed the part about having to be in an assembly for this to show up. Brain was undergoing a caffiene shortage. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for the help.

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
ed_1001

That's one of the things to keep in mind even with the new interface of

2007, that the lists of hotkeys are sensitive to the current document. I absolutely love the new interface, but I see it as still a limitation that you have to load one of each of the types of document to get to all the hotkeys.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany