SW2007 & Blocks

We have discovered a few things about blocks and SW2007.

  1. It appears that you can no longer align them. In SW2006, you Ctrl select two or more, and a RMB menu has the Align option. Not now.

  1. The Insert Block icon was removed from the Annotations toolbar - I had to put it back from the Blocks toolbar.

  2. I had a macro that would not recognize the block any more. I was looking for a type 93 (BlockInstance), and the block is now recognized as a type 114 (SketchBlockInstance). I also had to use Set swSUBSKETCHINST = SelMgr.GetSelectedObject6(i, -1), rather than Set swBlockInst = SelMgr.GetSelectedObject4(i).

There's obviously been some changes in how SW handles blocks - I presume it's the result of incorporating the sketch blocks. More investigation to follow as I have a chance.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Quick update - if your blocks have sketch entities in them, you can drag a block and inference snap locate it. But, what if you don't have any sketch entities in your block?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I'm assuming that if you don't have sketch entities in a block you might have annotations instead?

They also removed the setting for snapping when dragging the center or corner of an annotation.

If you drag a block of annotations, it doesn't give inference lines, like when dragging just a single annotation.

The new Group functionality still gives the inference lines, though. So explode the block and make a group out of the annotations. It seems that if you make a block out of a group and then explode the block, you do not get the group back.

Hummm. Its always something.

Reply to
matt