Nvidia fx5700

I have just puchased the asus V9570TD (fx5700) and changed it into a Nvidia quadro fx1100. This was using rivatuner and the latest XPdetonator drivers. It is very fast! I down loaded the ship in the bottle file and it opens straight away. Am I missing something regarding the benchmark?

Reply to
Pete Newbie

Pete,

I think this benchmark is for CPU speed. It's not an official metric or anything, just something Mike Wilson came up with that works pretty good.

If you want to measure graphics you'll have to load some heavy software from

. Or you can run the SW benchmark, but it won't give you a pure graphics result.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Everything MM said is true. I will add that *no benchmark*, including the spec SW benchmark, will show the multiple window slowdown. The only way to test for that is to open up a bunch of files and start switching between them, rotating each one. For instance, the way I used to test was... drag and drop about 25-30 various parts and assy's from Windows Explorer into Solidworks. Then I would use CTRL-TAB to switch between each of the open parts/assy's, using the mouse to rotate the view. If you have the multiple window slowdown it will show up pretty quickly. If not, then it won't show up at all. Good luck and keep us posted!

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

To get the benchmark to run you have to turn on your macro toolbar and run the macro that downloads with the ship which causes the ship to rebuild. Then observe your rebuild times.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Guthrie

Thanks guys for explaining what I need to do. I ran the test and running the defualt 50 rebuilds, I got a return of

56.26563 Is this good or bad?
Reply to
Pete Newbie

Update, I changed it back to a fx5700 and got a score of 75, so must be good :-)

Reply to
Pete Newbie

I'm not sure why you're seeing an improvement, as the 'Ship benchmark doesn't have much to do with graphics. It's a single model running in a single window. It is meant to benchmark the rebuild time, which is more a reflection of the cpu than anything else. The author, Mike J. Wilson would attest to this.

But hey, if it's better, it's better :)

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks