OT Maxwell crash

Hey all,

I have Maxwell 1.1 and I'm getting a lot of crashed with SW2007 Sp1 and SP1.1. When I try and add-in Maxwell SW aborts and I get the message:

Runtime Error! Program: D\Program Files| Solidworks2007\sldworks.exe

R6025

-pure virtual function call

Any helpers out there?

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

Lee, I'm not sure about SP1 but I'm using SP2 EV and I'm not having a problem loading the add-in or rendering using Maxwell. I'm pretty sure I didn't have this problem with SP1 either.

Regards Mark

Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign wrote:

Reply to
mbiasotti

Lee,

This has been a pretty common topic on the Maxwell forum. There are some work arounds posted there and Juan is saying there will be an updated plug-in released soon.

Rob

snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com wrote:

Reply to
Rock Guy

I should also add that SW 2007 SP 1 and Maxwell seem to be working fine for me. Well, no crashing anyway.

Rob

snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com wrote:

Reply to
Rock Guy

thanks Mark,

Well, I'm not sure my machine is entirely happy at the moment, even after complete clean installs etc. My real-view no longer works and I'm getting quite a few crash-to-desktops when importing STEP files. IGS assy files from Pro E come in completely empty.

Think I might have conflicts with the monitor I'm currently using too since it's a bit lame and makes my eyes hurt.....great.

I cant even get Maxwell to boot anymore, just freezes my machine......

oh well, another day to be spent cleaning stuff up I guess. good thing it's friday.

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

Hi Lee,

For me the key is to turnon the maxwell addin after solidworks is open (I wait until I have a file open).

Zander

Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign wrote:

Reply to
Zander

yeah, I had that working for a while, but now it just seems to abort to desktop....

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

BTW, guys, I'm looking for a customer quote for Maxwell. Aside from this Lee's present issue, anyone care to say a kind sentence or two about Maxwell? You'll be famous.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti

Maxwell Pros: The ability to create WOW images. Materials are amazing. Truly photorealistic results. Forget Memorex, is it live or is it Maxwell.

Maxwell Cons: The SW plug-in really isn't that good, you have to use Studio Processing time Next Limit needs to provide much better documentation

Ok Mark, I'm going to put you on the spot. When is SolidWorks going to announce PhotoWorks will be built on the Maxwell engine for 2008?

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Maxwell turns your work into timeless images :o)

Reply to
neilscad

I hope not. Its just too slow unless you have 4 processors...or more...IMHO and for animations it is not a starter. PW is up to standard at last minus a few pesky bugs ;o) I would be very surprised if they change renderers for SW2008 I have already suggested to the kiwi behind Indigo he should consider development under the wing of SW :o)

Reply to
neilscad

ha you can't use that though cos I don't use Maxwell :o)

Reply to
neilscad

"Rob Rodriguez"

You heard that as well?

It would be nice if you could switch between the 2 in SolidWorks Maxwell for reality PhotoWorks for speed.

John Layne

John Layne