Pattern a extruded surface around a multi curved surface

I am trying to pattern a extruded "flight" around a curved belt. The flight is a part of the belt that would hold product from going foward or back on the belt. The belt goes around a conveyor in multiple curves, and I want the flight spacing to be 12" apart. How can I pattern this around the curves? I tried "Curved Patter", but the flights dont follow the curve, rather they stay parralell to the first flight that was made.

Reply to
SW Monkey

Try with the settings "offset curve" and also tangent to curve, be careful though how You attach the flight to the belt so that You don't get disjoint bodies in the bends. If You're on SW 2004 I can send You an example

Krister L

SW Monkey skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com ...

Reply to
Krister L

you may also have a look at our SolidSketch add-in

sample in
shows how to do a 3D pattern regularly spaced along a curve on a surface.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti