Pipe weld other than fillets

I am trying to model some pipe fabrications. In them I want to do some butt welds, chamfer welds and toerh types. Many of them will have the need for root space, which is effectively a 1/2" gap between the parts to be joined. In an assembly, this is very easy to do, since a variety of weld structures are supported. It appears that only fillets are supported in a weldment..

For now, I am just modeling the weld as a revolved solid but I am hoping for a more elegant answer. Is there?

Reply to
Bruce

No. Solidworks is limited in this area. Your solution sounds nice though.

Reply to
Dom