Prompted entry in drawings

Is there any way to prompt for an entry in a drawing template?

Reply to
webcrzy

You know, there are bad trolls, very bad trolls and, now it seems, some not so bad trolls.

It's funny that you ask about a "template enforcer" (wink, wink). It just so happens that SW2006, which it seems has just been "Announced", has just the thing. "Design Checker". If you look around on the SW site, you can read about it for yourself. It can generate compliance reports, and sends a 220 V shock through the keyboard if you forget to put in a proper description.

Matt.

Reply to
matt

Wow, COOL!!! Now all we need is a way to send the same kind of shock to clients who don't pay.

Reply to
Sporkman

Matt,

I think you misinterpreted his request.

It sounds to me like a ex-AutoCAD user that simply wants to edit block attributes.

This can be accomplished with a an "event driven" add-in program that launches a custom properties macro when particular "events" occur.

More sophisticated than simply inserting a block with attributes, but also more robust.

Not aware of any freeware or shareware tools that provide this capability for SW.

If all he wants is a custom properties interface, there are many good ones to choose from.

CG

Reply to
CAD Guy