Radius to Radius

I must be missing something simple, I guess. I have a part I'm trying to dimension that has a radius on both ends. Flat part with no straight sides where I want to dimensions. In Acad, you could type "quad" from the command line and pick the extreme edge of a radius, the using the "quad" command again, pick the opposite radius for a dimension from extreme to extreme. Is there something I'm missing? BTY, I'm using 2K3 R. Wink

Reply to
R. Wink

Hello towarts you.

What you are able to try is able be done. Make first one dimensions from arc from to arc, but recalling to make pick on these acrs (never on centers for it not works) - this you must for this to work.

Once complete, now then go to properties of dimension by right button of mouse.

Now look for to see these button called of conditionals of arc "center max or min".

Here you then select. Now is made like quatrants of program before.

Pluswise, every the versions of solidworks can complete this since long past time.

Sincerefully,

Habib

dimension that has a radius on both ends. Flat

type "quad" from the command line and pick the

opposite radius for a dimension from extreme to

Reply to
Habib

As I understand ACad (which is minimally) the quad command acts along the axes of the coordinate system

The SolidWorks nearest equivalent, described by Habib, is different and arguably more powerful, because it delivers the result you want even if the centers of the radii are 'off-axis' or slanted relative to the coordinate system.

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Reply to
R. Wink

Ops!

For also now then you need make one line of coustruct. This line make make

4 coincidences 2 per the center of arcs now then two per endpoints upon very those same arcs. But then you make dimension upon this made line.

But this only way I am know to do now.

Sincierefully,

Habib

does work..however it ignores the present axis and

on one end and a 1/4" radius on the other. Both

results in an angular dimension..Not parallel to the

about a thou or so but it's still wrong.

dimension is different than what SWX comes up with.

Reply to
Habib

Place the dimension using a horizontal or vertical dimension, not the default parallel dimension. Then do what Habib said. If that fails, do what Habib said in his next post.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks to all who replied. Andrew sent a private mail and I want to thank him directly. Turns out what I was trying to do is real simple..place a dimension, RMB for first and second arc conditions (max) then RMB to pick horizontal dimension. Now my question is..how can I make this condition the norm rather that having to go through all the RMB's. R. Wink

was correct >Place the dimension using a horizontal or vertical dimension, not the

Reply to
R. Wink

Ok, teach me, then. It's possibly to change all these things from the RMB menu?

Reply to
Dale Dunn