Where to find Countersunk Punch Feature

Hi all,

I am trying to find the punch feature for a hole on my sheet metal. The hole is supposed to be punched such that it will seem protruded on the other side.

An example is: the pegboards you see on rackings in supermarkets, whereby they insert rods and hang products off those rods? These pegboards contain several of these punched holes. They appear sunken and when you turn the pegboard over, u can see that they are all protruded.

I have seen it before but do not know how it is done. I cannot find it on the hole wizard at all because they only cater for drilled holes.

Please help!!!

Reply to
Lu Song

Lu

You will have to make a suitable punch as a separate model, and use it to form the "pierced and extruded" hole (sometimes called a "nail hole") sheetmetal part.

The way to do this is covered in "Help" under "Creating forming tools"

and the way to have it punch a hole as well as forming the depression is covered under "Creating Openings on Forming Tools"

Basically you change the colour of the end of the punch to a particular shade of red

Then use the procedure described under "Applying Forming Tools to Sheet Metal Parts"

Unfortunately the help topics are not particularly easy to follow if this is a new operation for you: mainly because the pictures are REALLY unhelpful.

So come back to this group if anything is unclear to you

Reply to
Andrew Troup

A sample is provided with SolidWporks. It can be inserted using the Feature Pallet > Pallet Forming Tools > Embosses > Counter Sunk Emboss. This file is located under C:(or your drive)\Program Files\SolidWorks\Data\Pallet Forming Tools\Embosses.

Dave H

Andrew Troup wrote:

Reply to
Dave H