Re: Diamond electro plating???

wrote:

all
Keep in mind this is someone who has no small job shop experience and no actual machining experience... just a big company mentality on how things should be done. Even then, if you read "The Virus's" resume they removed "The Virus" from programming as it probably took weeks for "The Virus" to generate a simple program with a few holes and pockets. His resume shows he spent the last few years of his "legendary" career doing IT work. LOL.... and bob z thinks he has it bad with his IT guy.
What I find to be a hoot is "The Virus" insists that one must be a math genius to properly use a CAD/CAM system to design anything.
jon

and
How much money would you need to be paid to teach "The Virus" how to machine something like a square block with a few holes in it ?
jon

Mylar
until
infection
The Virus cannot be taught anything. He is convinced he already knows everything.

Who is us? You and your wiener? Fanuc used to measure their memory in meters of punched tape. Why can't you get passed that? Everyone that has worked on Fanuc's back then knows this. Creating disruption because you don't understand illustrates your lack of experience with Fanuc. Case closed, next case. Don't bother trying to infect this post, I won't respond. I am wise to your bullshit. Have a wonderful day Cliff. (AKA: "The virus")
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:32:01 GMT, "Bill Roberto"

http://www.memex.ca/docs/F100048C%20-%20Memex%20II%20Fanuc%20Series%206%20Maximum%20Memory%20Chart.pdf#search ='fanuc%20memory%20in%20meters'
Regards
Daveb
<DaveB> wrote in message wrote:

meters
on
next
http://www.memex.ca/docs/F100048C%20-%20Memex%20II%20Fanuc%20Series%206%20Maximum%20Memory%20Chart.pdf#search ='fanuc%20memory%20in%20meters'
The Virus still won't comprehend.

meters
on
next
I believe "The Virus" has some Fanuc experience but he certainly has no experience with any modern CNC control / machine. In his way of thinking they are all inferior to the CNC machines he use to program at big companies a long, long time ago.
He uses the same approach with CAD/CAM systems like VX. He really needs to make use of his "Demo's for jb" thread he has devoted to me :>) I can't think of anyone who needs to be looking at demos more than "The Virus" as he's so out of touch. He can't even figure out that the VX demo saves... it's a limited file size but it saves. As per usual this is yet another case were "The Virus" can't even get the most basic of FACTS right.
Another example:
"The Virus" is too ignorant to understand that many CNC machine controls accept .dxf files and can laydown toolpath on them. Everytime "The Virus" sees me or anyone else mention .dxf he starts putting down .dxf compared to IGES. How in the world is this relevant to what most CNC machine controls accept for a file type ?
jon

wrote in message>> Tell us again about metric 1" punched paper/mylar tape <G>.

Hell Bill, Fanuc still lists their memory upgrade options by "meters of tape". Most builders convert them in their quotes to kilobytes, but when we order them from Fanuc it's in meters of tape. BTW, if anyone is interested in how much memory meters of tape translates to in kilobytes, all you have to do is multiply by 0.40. So, a memory size listed as 80 meters of tape is 32 kilobytes, or the equivelant of 262.5 feet of punched tape.
Dan
wrote in message

we
is
The Virus still won't comprehend.
wrote in message
<snip>

I'm always happy to uninstall an option for a PITA nitpicker and return their money to them:) Read the quote, specifications are subject to change! As far as knowing "exactly" how much memory is available for program storage, you have to realize that the amount available varies depending on which control options are turned on. Some of the options eat into the available memory. When in doubt, just buy the next increment. The price for additional memory from Fanuc has come way down. It's been a long time since I've had to play with tapes so I'll have to take your word on the math. But, I seem to remember there is a difference between ISO and EIA tape formats.
Dan

Seems neither of us are right. I just checked a control with 40 meters of memory and it has 16,440 bytes available. So, my conversion approximates on the low side (32,000 vs. 32,880). I couldn't tell you where you went wrong...
Dan

on
1 meter = 393.7008 bytes. 40 meters is 15748 bytes.

I won't explain it again. You are way too ignorant to understand. Fact: Fanuc measures their memory in meters of punched tape. You can either accept that or you cannot. You obviously cannot. Keep your fingers in your ears, close your eyes tight and sing "Mary had a little lamb". That way no new information gets in. If ignorance is bliss, you are one blissful dude. Have a wonderful day Vi.

No such thing as a partial byte partial hole.
15,748 * 2 = ?
These bytes are derived how ? What you really have here is a resultant of bytes divided by 40 calculated from bottom to top. Looks great for manuals and sticker prices but lets start from the top, work our way down.
392 bytes * .100 units = 39.2 bytes per ~100 total units
39.2 bytes ~100 units / 12 inches = 3.2666666666666666666666666666667 bytes/ft
392 bytes / 3.2666666666666666666666666666667 bytes/ft = 120 bytes/ft
1 foot = 0.3048 meters
80 meters / 0.3048 meters = 262.46719160104986876640419947507 ft
120 bytes/ft * 262.46719160104986876640419947507 ft 31496.062992125984251968503937008 bytes ~80 meters
Cliff wrote:

Cliff:
    I wonder how many are laughing *with* you, how many are laughing *at* you, and how many just feel sorry that you suffer from this sort of obsessional affliction. Perhaps a survey is in order. LOL
-- BottleBob http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Ouch! Venomous, total, and complete hatred for someone you have never met.

Hey Virus. Why are you crossposting this thread to comp.cad.solidworks? Do you festoon that group with thousands of worthless posts too? How many more newgroups are you in the process of ruining?

more
Ruining ???
Bill, "The Virus" is here to save us from ourselves!
LOL
jon