Re: have a question

Go from the end and create a plane perpendicular to the rod axis at the location you want the groove.. Sketch you groove shape on the plane and do an extruded cut to the groove width you want.

Dave H

I have a 4" dia. steel roll. about 12" long. I want a groove revolved > around the OD. The problem is the groove has to go from 1/2" deep on one > side & taper to 1/8" deep 180deg on the other side. There is a mirror image > of this roll & we run wire though the grooves & the opening has to go from > bigger to smaller. Any ideas? I can get a regular concentric groove no > problem. Thanks. > > Pat Callaghan > The Western Group > >
Reply to
Dave H

sounds tailor made for a loft--big D at one end, small D at other, guide curve on the perimeter of the cylinder.

Reply to
Michael