Re: Hiring jb (Re: An Interview with David Ptak, President of SolidProfessor

> > "Proctologically Violated©®" wrote: >> >> You're making this too much work. > > PV: > > I'm sorry. I'll try to keep it short. > >> jb is sport. >> And this is, essentially, the consensus of at least 2 ngs, in which most >> seem to know a lot more than I do about the specifics. >> jb is, however, too character disordered to know he is sport. > > I'm sure Jon himself would agree that his online persona can be, and > often is, one of the most obnoxious in this group. That makes his a > safe target for others to shoot at, since they would receive little in > the way of condemnation from the regulars. > >> > I've got no hidden agendas, the search for facts/truth is always my >> > agenda. > > There should have been a smilie at the end of that. An oversight on my > part. > >> >> Then it sure is strange, with your meticulously dotted i's and crossed >> t's, >> and your prediliction for holding others *super* accountable for shit, >> even >> where often accountability is simply irrelevant (like shtick, >> ferchrissakes), that you could not remember/retrieve the text file/g-code >> editing threads w/ jb. > > #1. I don't have unlimited time. #2. It's usually the responsibility > of the "claimant" to support their claim. #3. A search with your > current handle and "text file" only goes back as far as Nov. of 06 where > you mention his not knowing what a text file is but it wasn't the > original post/thread. So I thought it would be better if YOU found and > reposted his exact comments where you concluded that he didn't know what > a text file was. > > >> And here is where you can put yer money where yer mouth is, Bottle: >> >> If you owned a machine shop, would YOU hire jb? > > I've talked to Jon a number of times on the phone, and his phone > presence (at least while he was talking to me), was not anywhere near as > antagonistic as some of his newsgroup posts are. > But a year or two ago when we were looking for another machinist I > suggested to him that he submit an application to our shop. He was then > currently working and didn't want to leave the shop he was at. > >> If no, why? > > Then negative, would be if he planned to work for us for 6 months or a > year then leave. We have very little turnover and going to the trouble > to train someone in the way we do things and then have them leave > wouldn't be cost effective for us. > >> If yes, for what, and why? > > He already knows some Gibbs, and IMO, what he doesn't know he could be > taught fairly quickly since he knows a little bit about a number of > different CAM systems. I think he'd be adaptable since he's worked in a > number of different shops. He'd have to adapt to not doing any Editing > at the control though. LOL > But, we've just hired back the boss's nephew, so we're not looking for > anyone right now or in the foreseeable future. > >> And how much would you pay dat muthafucka? > > A probationary period at significantly less than the current > programmer/machinists then a review and either a slight increase (no one > can expect to make that same wages as programmers/machinists then have > been there for 10 years - especially while they are being trained), or > if not compatible with the shop or other employees - thanks but no > thanks.

So yer saying the real jb is different than the web jb? To Bottle-ize this, how do you know he just wadn't on some very-concentrated high-exertion short-lived *best behavior* during those phone conversations?

But I could, if I were drunk enough, buy that the real jb web jb, at least fer argerment's sake.

But then the Q remains: What kind of person would find it worthwhile to present this image, if they were not in fact really like that image? Or, alternatively, If you are saying this is jb's version of shtick, same Q: What kind of person would indulge in this kind of shtick? And that's coming from *me*. :)

Both of these Qs are disturbing, and, in my mind, eliminates the possibility of viable employment in a responsibility-intense environment such as a job shop. I mean, even if jb could function in some capacity, likely a limited one, how long before the Big Breakdown or Fantastic Fuckup occurs? With the obligatory coverup/blaming someone else?

jb in fact vividly illustrated this in the Folini Fracas. I mean, talk about under-handed insanely-rationalized subterfuge. That incident in and of itself would seem to make jb unemployable, prima facie, to anyone who witnessed this. True? False? Which you witnessed along with everyone else.

Doesn't it also seem odd that when jb switches jobs he also switches states? Sometimes *coasts*? I guess this too depends on yer viewpoint. Some would equate being "on the run" with being "well traveled", I spose.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Actually, Bottle, you seem to miss the point--lately with increasing regularity.

I'm not obsessed with jb at all. Yeah, he pissed me off, and is a retard asking to be tripped, but he's not an obsession. I really hope he gets help one day. My interest is more *your* odd stance on what appears to be the obvious.

For example, in the Folini Fracas, you don't seem to grok the import of

*character* in the workplace.

Spose a guy walks in, looking for a job, with a decent resume, and demostrates decent skills. So far so good.

But at coffee break, he not only doesn't put in his quarter for the coffee, he empties the change cup into his pocket.

Would you hire him then? I hope not. Why? Character, my man, character.

jb wasn't prodded and cornered. He was held accountable for his historical bullshit by a bevy of people. What he did in response was to empty the change can into his pocket.

OK, so jb is well-traveled. :)

And, I don't talk in PVspeak all the time *here*, either, yo. One's chosen persona is in itself revealing. But, I don't think jb is in enough control to choose anything. This is a dude on autopilot, and the gyro is broken.

Sinuses. Give me a fukn break. My aunt died--again....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®