IFS ERP's integrated PDM package

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with IFS's (an ERP package) integrated PDM package? We are being sold on this integrated package. I'm looking for pit falls etc. Thanks,

Reply to
skiani

Get some advice from the people who have already seen the pitfalls and extreme wastes of both money & time, from having lived through these implementations.

Matt Lombard has had a pdf on his website regarding PDM (& similar) packages, and there are lots of things which happen which are not mentioned by the "salesmen".

Paying a SWCP for advice might be the least expensive way to go.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I believe DBWorks PDM has an integration with IFS ERP?

Reply to
harry

If you're referring to a Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP), a CSWP only demonstrates ones ability with respect to Solidworks, it's add-ins and test taking. I have to disagree with paying a CSWP for advice on this.

Reply to
kenneth

I should have said a CSWP who is a consultant on CAD system implementations in the size company and industry you work in, so he has hands on experience of what goes right and what doesn't.

Thanks - Bo

Reply to
Bo

I also remember that about a year back was an extensive set of discussions regarding PLM, PDM and similar packages in this newsgroup, so those are easy to search out.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I've search them out and found nothing on IFS specifically which is the quest of my posting.

Reply to
skiani

Ok it looks like we are considering the following packages;

  1. IFS. They are proposing to use their document vault to keep the Solidworks files (they have some sort of Solidworks plug-in that does this)

  1. Syteline.

  2. JD Edwards.

Any comments or experiences most appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
skiani