Re: How Does SolidWorks Plan To Compete With This Technology?

By taking the CTRL, C, and V buttons off of your keyboard?

Reply to
craig.schultz

This technology is claimed to sit on top of Parasolid and D-Cubed? Does that mean Siemens / UGS will license it? Have no idea but it does appear to put SolidWorks significantly behind technology wise. Lets hope SolidWorks has got an answer to this because unlike ignoring what I have posted about this problem for years, Siemens / UGS is going to be a lot harder to ignore.

This technology is claimed to sit on top of Parasolid and D-Cubed? Does that mean Siemens / UGS will license it? Have no idea but it does appear to put SolidWorks significantly behind technology wise. Lets hope SolidWorks has got an answer to this because unlike ignoring what I have posted about this problem for years, Siemens / UGS is going to be a lot harder to ignore.

Ignorant:

This technology is claimed to sit on top of Parasolid and D-Cubed? Does that mean Siemens / UGS will license it? Have no idea but it does appear to put SolidWorks significantly behind technology wise. Lets hope SolidWorks has got an answer to this because unlike ignoring what I have posted about this problem for years, Siemens / UGS is going to be a lot harder to ignore.

Ignorant:

This technology is claimed to sit on top of Parasolid and D-Cubed? Does that mean Siemens / UGS will license it? Have no idea but it does appear to put SolidWorks significantly behind technology wise. Lets hope SolidWorks has got an answer to this because unlike ignoring what I have posted about this problem for years, Siemens / UGS is going to be a lot harder to ignore.

Ignorant:

This technology is claimed to sit on top of Parasolid and D-Cubed? Does that mean Siemens / UGS will license it? Have no idea but it does appear to put SolidWorks significantly behind technology wise. Lets hope SolidWorks has got an answer to this because unlike ignoring what I have posted about this problem for years, Siemens / UGS is going to be a lot harder to ignore. =2E

[...]

Conclusion:

This technology is claimed to sit on top of Parasolid and D-Cubed? Does that mean Siemens / UGS will license it? Have no idea but it does appear to put SolidWorks significantly behind technology wise. Lets hope SolidWorks has got an answer to this because unlike ignoring what I have posted about this problem for years, Siemens / UGS is going to be a lot harder to ignore.

Jon Banquer Oceanside, CA

Reply to
jon.banquer

To keep your delusion of being a CAD/CAM mover and shaker going here you are implying Siemens/UGS did listen to you.......LOL.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

The next version requires a net connection and validation. They will not be number one for long.

Reply to
vinny

Jon,

Did you today take a Sick Day off?

The web cam must show you foaming at the mouth with flecks of spittle periodically shooting forward splashing the screen, while one finger slamming the keyboard & posting all over the net while your other hand is working at near light speed pleasing yourself.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

SolidWorks 2008 offers next to nothing in new CAM tools that machining job shops really need.

If SolidWorks doesn't have an answer for this technology soon and if Machinists are expected to use this technology, it will be a knock down, drag out battle, BOBCAD is going to win market share and be seen as a technology leader over UG I feel they need to do this with FeatureCAM and PTC Wildfire package and go for the throat. It's now or never.

Jon Banquer Oceanside, CA

Reply to
jon.banquer

I'm published too!!!!! Look at me!!!!

Jon Banquer Oceanside, CA

Reply to
jon.banquer

I see it differently. I't more like a crack salesman to me. They start out practically giving the stuff away, no lock on it so it can be spread around. Then after the whole world has it woven into their buiisinnes here comes the lock, and no downward compatability. Basically buy it or go thru some horrable withdrawls, enough to kill a man.

Id say it's as good a time as any to switch.

Reply to
vinny

SolidWorks already has equivalent capabilities in Instant3D

Reply to
jimsym

Reply to
brewertr

:

Pirates and software thieves is how a software becomes the industry standard. AutoCAD's growth was due to this. SolidWorks is growing now due to their marketing, but the couldn't dominate completely if it wasn't for gray market and black market versions of their software available for years. A lot of people and small companies in the world just can't afford the software for what they are making, but still require it for what they are doing.

Reply to
fcsuper