Re: I Don't Want A Machinist To Modify "My Part" / Why Would A Machinist Need To Modify A Customers Part?

Modify A Customers Part?

My meaning has always been, why would anyone want YOU to change their part!

[ Why would machinists be drawing or designating parts for the shops customers?

Wouldn't that be a customers/programmers/designers/engineers job before they would pull a machinist off a machine to draw up their part? ]-brewertr-

Of course you ever answered those direct on topic questions.

In a small job shop people wear many hats and perform many functions. In YOUR case this does not apply. In YOUR case you let it slip that you have an engineering department.

So Jon, what exactly is your engineering department doing while you are (in your own words) are OFTEN trying to determine customer design intent where you arbitrarily alter the customer supplied model to make it "manufacturable"? (also a direct on topic question you never answered.)

In your words you said you make the model look like the part, real machinists, real machine shops make the part.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Wouldn't that be a customer, designer, engineer or programmers job before they would pull a machinist off a machine to modify their part? [ Engineers who don't upload current files to our Intranet. ] -Jon Banquer-

So Jon now we know your company has engineers.

[
'm a CNC machinist/CNC programmer and it's quite common for us to be asked or just expected to modify customers files to help make them manufacturable/ manufacturable at a more reasonable cost. No one wants to pay us for lots of hours to figure out their design intent and more and more customers want the manufactured model to match the designed model. ] -Jon Banquer-

What exactly does your engineering department do?

[ Perhaps if you had to deal with this situation as often as I do it might not be so funny as you tried to work with a low level tool like a roll back bar stepping through a ton of features trying not to break anything all the while knowing this was taking way too much time. ] -Jon Banquer-

So Jon, if your statements are true and you really do all of this stuff, what exactly does your engineering department do?

[ Many shops do, Brewer you're just too ignorant / dumb to understand this. ] -Jon Banquer

THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING ALL OVER THE NET THESE PAST FEW MONTHS JON. You have been saying "YOU" have to do it. Now you are changing your story (lie) because you let it slip that your company has an engineering department.

So Jon, if your statements are true, what exactly does your engineering department do while you are trying to determine customer design intent, hacking and whacking the customers models?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

[
[...]

What does your engineering department doing while you say you are required to change customer files or are you doing it without their knowledge?

Reply to
brewertr

And what does your engineering department do while you say you are modifying customer supplied solids?

Reply to
brewertr

Are you as sure about this as you were about Chaining? You know where you said it is unnecessary and a waste to chain geometry in a CAM program. Where you said SmartCAM and GibbsCAM do not having anything like chaining, only to be proven wrong.

Are you as sure about this as you were when you recommended people buy OneCNC and now you say it's crapware?

Reply to
brewertr

Say Jon, giving you the manual and page number didn't help, giving you pictures didn't help you find your machines oil pressure gage maybe you just needed a video.....LOL.

What does Jon say? What gage, the only gage always reads zero.........ROFLMAO.

What does common sense say when a gage always reads ZERO? There is an issue. What does Jon say? What gage.....LOL..the only gage I see always reads zero.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

It must be an integrity meter. I wonder if the reading changes when somebody else checks it?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

The gage you have that always reads zero, find out what it's for or do you need a video?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
brewertr

Ask for a video so you can determine what the gage that always reads zero is for?

Tom

** Posted from
**
Reply to