Re: Is Really The Best Mastercam Can Do...

without a lot of effort?

> > Siemens NX does this will little or no effort... just a few clicks and > one toolpath according to Michael Stevenson. > > Apparently the e-Mastercam clique didn't want to answer this challenge > laid down by Michael Stevenson. Michael Stevenson's post / challenge > was deleted from CNC Advertising Zone, which is no surprise to anyone > with a clue. > > Here is Mastercam and Siemens NX doing the same part: > >

> Jon Banquer > San Diego, CA

What is that supposed to prove? Both of those toolpaths weren't very good.

Reply to
Joe788

Jon, or Bill Grant, or whatever you're going by this week, why do you keep going back to CNCZone if you hate it so much? Now that Bill Grant is likely deleted, what will your next alias be?

Reply to
Joe788

Are you going to answer the question, or not?

Reply to
Joe788

So Siemens NX can make a crappy toolpath with just a few clicks? That's fantastic!

Reply to
Joe788

Well,,I'll admit the mastercam pocket was pretty 90's looking. Sad actually.

One thing I was wondering, is it regular pocketing, or is it "constant angle of engagement pocketing"? Because if it's regular pocketing, I can "maybe" achieve the same results as that on 9.1 mastercam, using multiple passes around bosses and a parallel cut pattern for the pocketing type. It would chop away just like the video, then circle around the bosses in 2 or three passes, whatever it was.

Now if it's constant angle of engagement pocketing that's a different story. Mastercam needs steroids to do that.

Reply to
vinny

Nope. The NX toolpath buries itself just as poorly as the Mastercam path.

The "Cimco-roids" HSM package for Mastercam will slaughter either one of those toolpaths. What does NX have?

Reply to
Joe788

Micheal Stevenwhatever should of posted his challenge to Usenet. e-mastercam SUCKS!!! I forgot my damn password! lol

Damn if Im going thru that 3 friggen page sign up crap again.

Reply to
vinny

I noticed the mastercam programmer neglegted to machine the top. But then the second "programmer" went ahead and machined the whole damn thing with the small mill, even though all that needed cut was 2 tiny circles, the top of the finished part.

Ok, the first guy made a mistake. He was prolly smoking or drinking on the job. Maybe going thru a divorce? Could be fixed with therapy, maybe some yelling, etc...???. But the other guy who machined the whole thing is clearly a friggen moron and needs escorted off the premisis before he breaks something.

Reply to
vinny

I believe they were both programmed by the same "expert" with an agenda.

Reply to
Joe788

Isn't that one of your aliases Jon?

Reply to
brewertr

Jon, isn't that one of your aliases?

Reply to
brewertr

te:

It has nothing to do with what *I* wanted to see. *I* couldn't care less.

When you're touting something as a "comparison", it needs to be performed properly.

You don't post a comparison of a Corvette vs. a Mustang, have the Corvette racing in reverse, and then claim, "Look how much better the Mustang is!"

Well, I guess you could, but only the completely uninformed and inexperienced (like Jon Banquer) would pay any attention.

Reply to
Joe788

For me? Assemblies in the manufactuing package. Wouldn't want to live without it.

If it doesn't exist in their current package, they work around till their package does have it.

UG has always been one of the "Axis of Evils" to MC users. It's considered expensive, hard to learn, and those UG programmers are just plain lazy.

It was forced... and thankfully shortlived.

Not if there is tons of archived data to deal with. Trust me. Btw, the "hope" is the MC inside SW plan.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill