Is Really The Best Mastercam Can Do...

without a lot of effort?
Siemens NX does this will little or no effort... just a few clicks and one toolpath according to Michael Stevenson.
Apparently the e-Mastercam clique didn't want to answer this challenge laid down by Michael Stevenson. Michael Stevenson's post / challenge was deleted from CNC Advertising Zone, which is no surprise to anyone with a clue.
Here is Mastercam and Siemens NX doing the same part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
TKdKAotWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKWSGWdvXFo

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
without a lot of effort?
Siemens NX does this will little or no effort... just a few clicks and one toolpath according to Michael Stevenson.
Apparently the e-Mastercam clique didn't want to answer this challenge laid down by Michael Stevenson. Michael Stevenson's post / challenge was deleted from CNC Advertising Zone, which is no surprise to anyone with a clue.
Here is Mastercam and Siemens NX doing the same part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
TKdKAotWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKWSGWdvXFo

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

What is that supposed to prove? Both of those toolpaths weren't very good.

Jon, or Bill Grant, or whatever you're going by this week, why do you keep going back to CNCZone if you hate it so much? Now that Bill Grant is likely deleted, what will your next alias be?
without a lot of effort?
Siemens NX does this will little or no effort... just a few clicks and one toolpath according to Michael Stevenson.
Apparently the e-Mastercam clique didn't want to answer this challenge laid down by Michael Stevenson. Michael Stevenson's post / challenge was deleted from CNC Advertising Zone, which is no surprise to anyone with a clue.
Here is Mastercam and Siemens NX doing the same part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
TKdKAotWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKWSGWdvXFo

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Are you going to answer the question, or not?
without a lot of effort?
Siemens NX does this will little or no effort... just a few clicks and one toolpath according to Michael Stevenson.
Apparently the e-Mastercam clique didn't want to answer this challenge laid down by Michael Stevenson. Michael Stevenson's post / challenge was deleted from CNC Advertising Zone, which is no surprise to anyone with a clue.
Here is Mastercam and Siemens NX doing the same part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
TKdKAotWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKWSGWdvXFo

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

So Siemens NX can make a crappy toolpath with just a few clicks? That's fantastic!
without a lot of effort?
Siemens NX does this will little or no effort... just a few clicks and one toolpath according to Michael Stevenson.
Apparently the e-Mastercam clique didn't want to answer this challenge laid down by Michael Stevenson. Michael Stevenson's post / challenge was deleted from CNC Advertising Zone, which is no surprise to anyone with a clue.
Here is Mastercam and Siemens NX doing the same part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
TKdKAotWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKWSGWdvXFo

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Micheal Stevenwhatever should of posted his challenge to Usenet. e-mastercam SUCKS!!! I forgot my damn password! lol
Damn if Im going thru that 3 friggen page sign up crap again.
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:30:30 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
Isn't that one of your aliases Jon?

Well,,I'll admit the mastercam pocket was pretty 90's looking. Sad actually.
One thing I was wondering, is it regular pocketing, or is it "constant angle of engagement pocketing"? Because if it's regular pocketing, I can "maybe" achieve the same results as that on 9.1 mastercam, using multiple passes around bosses and a parallel cut pattern for the pocketing type. It would chop away just like the video, then circle around the bosses in 2 or three passes, whatever it was.
Now if it's constant angle of engagement pocketing that's a different story. Mastercam needs steroids to do that.

Nope. The NX toolpath buries itself just as poorly as the Mastercam path.
The "Cimco-roids" HSM package for Mastercam will slaughter either one of those toolpaths. What does NX have?

I noticed the mastercam programmer neglegted to machine the top. But then the second "programmer" went ahead and machined the whole damn thing with the small mill, even though all that needed cut was 2 tiny circles, the top of the finished part.
Ok, the first guy made a mistake. He was prolly smoking or drinking on the job. Maybe going thru a divorce? Could be fixed with therapy, maybe some yelling, etc...???. But the other guy who machined the whole thing is clearly a friggen moron and needs escorted off the premisis before he breaks something.

I believe they were both programmed by the same "expert" with an agenda.
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:00:44 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Jon, isn't that one of your aliases?