Proof mastercam is cheesy...

I was machining something in X3, and the guy next to me was programming in X2...And we both had a problem with the roughing tool not cleaning up from
the finisher in a few areas. He sat there trying the same thing over and over like most programmers, getting more and more pissed. But...I know mastercam is cheesy, so I changed the stepdown by a little and it went away. On his program that didnt work, so then I changed the tolerance from .001 to .0009 and his worked.
I'm sorry, but if you change your stepdown in a pocket and it cuts different, or if you change the tol of the cut by a tenth and gouges go away you might be running mastercam.
UG, after 6 months I found nothing like that, not one thing.
UG....I love you.