Latest American Machinist

Looks like American Machinist is going to evaluate some CAM packages:

"Because CAM software offers such a high return-on-investment, American Machinist decided to present a series of in-depth analyses of the CAM packages listed in the table.

Benchmark testing of the packages will use a set of parts that represents a range of machining challenges.

Qualitative analysis of the look, feel and ease of use of the package.

And, a composite of feedback from package users."

The print version had a table with the features offered by

18 CAM packages, I could find the table on the website.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Mastercam X3 is due to be released in a few months. Mastercam X2 MR2 already blows the doors off Gibbscam and the next release of Gibbscam V9 doesn't even come close to catching up with Mastercam X2 MR2!

SolidEdge and UG NX next releases are due out in a few months. Not sure if UG NX CAM Express will also be updated but probably so. If you read any of my posts today you know that Siemens/UGS validated everything I have said is needed in SolidWorks for the last year and totally invalidated the total bullshit posted by Tom Brewer, Joe788 and Gary Knutson.

I think this article is already out of date!

I'd trust American Machinist just a little more than any post on CADCAM from Cliff Huprich.

What does that say?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I asked you to be specific and state exactly what problems YOU are having with SolidWorks. You seem to be having problems the same as all beginners do. However instead stating YOUR SPECIFIC problems and asking for input/help all you ever did was copy, paste and parrot advertisements, which means as usual you were being disingenuous.

You are posing as a SolidWorks expert now that you have a few hours of videos and seat time under your belt. Today you are posing as a CAD/CAM mover and shaker by latching onto a new buzzword, copying & pasting these sales advertisements as facts all while implying you played some role.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

How does it feel to be so wrong and so far removed from what is really needed you worthless P.O.S.?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

What "total bullshit" would that be? Solidworks does a fine job for me.

How did "Siemens/UGS validate) everything [you] have said,"?? All you did was copy/paste and parrot a bunch of advertisements for Spaceclaim.

Reply to
Joe788

The table showing the file formats Surfcam can import is wrong, so it makes me wonder how many other mistakes are in the article. Will they find the part-gouge feature in Velocity3?

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary