Helical Help

I am trying to machine some wavy grooves around a cylinder (see Fanuc

21i operation manual on G07.1 for a pretty close example). From all my testing I have determined that the C axis is not in sync with the Z axis during cutting moves. It appears that the C axis delays movement at the start of a move by about 1 degree for a 45 degree ZC move.

It then tracks OK at this 1 degree lag. Then when a line of code comes in which there is no C move (C axis stationary) the C axis kind of jumps to where it should be. Thus, suddenly making up that 1 degree lag at the end of its move.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Oh come on, what are you complaining about. At least it catches up...

ca

Reply to
clay

lol Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Have you looked at how you are commanding the feed rates?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I dont have the code yet (customers) I will post it when I do.

Thanks John Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Make sure and pay attention as to where and exactly how the code activates any C axis angular offset (and/or any transitional calls machine to local sys)....better yet, suggest always endeavor to keep ANY rotary axis offset set at zero unless you have some pre-existing feature in the part needs to be hard tooled/ and physically tWeeKed KnocKed HammErd bAngeD into pOsition.

Reply to
over a barrel

"over a barrel" wrote in news:PJmdnTEdd_lepI3VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

Could be a backlash issue or a backlash parameter set improperly as well.

Reply to
D Murphy

lol Daveb

Reply to