Is This The Future Of Production Machining?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXazVrlTXs

I wonder who is actually using this?
This look to me to be the most advanced Feature Based Machining I've
ever seen.
Haas, according to Bill Triffet, gets Mastercam for free. Would this technology make up for the free price?
Being forced to use a system like this might make Bottlebob retire on the spot.
LOL

Your excitement over this demo video demonstrates how unbelievably limited your experience with "Production Machining" is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXazVrlTXs

I wonder who is actually using this?
This look to me to be the most advanced Feature Based Machining I've ever seen.
Haas, according to Bill Triffet, gets Mastercam for free. Would this technology make up for the free price?
Being forced to use a system like this might make Bottlebob retire on the spot.
LOL

Very little of the programming there was with MC or ANY system. Most of it was HAND programming offline with corrections at the machine. They just use the cam system to spit out the basic contour code. Not my cup of tea but some folks love it.
Now can we drop the affiliation with Haas and Moi. We all make mistakes in our career paths. Come to think of it: it represents less than 4% of my career life.
-- Bill

Based on this why did you take the job?

I fail to see why it was a mistake. Seems like you got to experience how many shops are run. I fail to see anything unique in your Haas "experience".
BTW, I got permission to call Haas today on our two machines that have problems. Should be an interesting experience trying to sort out problems that have been on going for years with these machines.
jon_banquer wrote:

I was "told" I would be part of a new "Process Improvement" group. Turned out to be the idea of just a couple managers who have since been transfered out of manufacturing.

Experience many shops??? That was my 12th company! I certainly don't need to see how yet another shop is "run". <g>
-- Bill

How long before you realized what many job shops do... lie when they hire you about what they want and expect. Pretty commonplace, actually.

12th company in how many years?

Let me guess, they tell you you're going to be programming machines, then for some reason after the first day you're relegated to parts changing and broom pushing?

How long before you realized what many job shops do... lie when they hire you about what they want and expect. Pretty commonplace, actually.

12th company in how many years?
jon_banquer wrote:

Unacceptable. I don't have the patience for boldface lying so I move on. Life is too short.

32 illustrious years. <g> Started in Highschool.
-- Bill

Weren't you there for a few years? Why did you stay so long?

That's about 1 company every three years on average. Sounds much like most machinists I know.
snipped

Ha!
This from the guy who said,
"Helpful post as I only have a casual interest and don't intend to make much of an effort in this area anytime soon. When I get some time I might look into it more. It's not a high priority for me or for our shop and it's not part of what the company I work for expects from me. "

Somebody must have pointed out to him that graphically editing toolpaths doesn't help much when the tools keep falling out of the spindle.

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXazVrlTXs

I wonder who is actually using this?
This look to me to be the most advanced Feature Based Machining I've ever seen.
Haas, according to Bill Triffet, gets Mastercam for free. Would this technology make up for the free price?
Being forced to use a system like this might make Bottlebob retire on the spot.
LOL

Why did you copy paste this garbage as a response to your already idiotic comments?
On Aug 18, 3:08 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bill, just be glad you didn't get shipped off to China to make Mini Mill parts on an EC630PP!
Joe788 wrote:

Joe... so you know the story... <g>
-- Bill