Re: Free Yourself from Parametric Programming

> > Now proclaims: > > "Free Yourself from Parametric Programming: > > Build sophisticated 3D models without having to learn feature-based > CAD with entangled relationships that are often impossible to > understand or edit." > > Note to blow-hard liars, Tom Brewer and Joe 788: > > Call SpaceClaim and tell Mike Payne he needs more training on how to > use a rollback bar. Let us know how Mike Payne responds. > > ROTFLMFAO > > For those who have no idea who Mike Payne is: He's one of the founders > of PTC / Pro-E and of SolidWorks and he's also one of the founders of > SpaceClaim. > > Jon Banquer > San Diego, CA

When I drop your name, I'm quite certain he'll respond the same way HSMWorks did.

Reply to
Joe788

I already have. Iv'e regressed back to node based modeling.

Reply to
vinny

Reply to
brewertr

Is Space Claim your CAD-De-jour, what happened to SolidEdge?

"Build sophisticated 3D models without having to learn"

Well that explains why Jon is interested.

So Jon what exactly is your engineering department doing while you are editing customer supplied models as you claim you have to do often?

Was Mike Payne having the same beginner problems you were?

You know where help was offered but you never posted exactly what issues you were having so more experienced SolidWorks users could help you. But we both know you weren't really having problems, you plagiarized someone else's comments as your own and when asked for specifics you ran.

You ran away just like you do every time you're asked what your engineering department does. You know, where you accidentally let it slip your company has an engineering department. That slip came after you posted all over the net that you a "CNC Programmer/Machinist" had to "OFTEN" make arbitrary changes to customer supplied models. Where YOU needed to determine design intent so YOU could alter their models to make them easier to manufacture.

He wouldn't be trying to sell anything would he?

Seems Mike Payne is sliding downhill, PTC/ProE then SolidWorks now Space Claim, some may consider it a downward spiral....

Chula Vista Jon, you live in Chula Vista not San Diego.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Hey name-dropping retard: you don't know know Mike Payne any more than you know the Pope. Get a life you loser!

Reply to
madcadman

Complaint:

CAD program automatically constrains model based on how it was built. Takes skilled labor and is hard down the road to determine how the model was built, what the design intent is/was & to make future changes due to those constraints.

Fix:

CAD program strips model of constraints & design intent so changes are easier to make. Constraints are not automatic any longer. To input design intent each and every critical dimensions must be MANUALLY locked by the designer to insure someone (or himself) in the future doesn't accidentally change something critical they shouldn't.

Conclusion:

Sync-Tech looks to be a double edged sword, until I see it I reserve judgment however I have concerns:

1) Manually locking critical dimensions. I see issues where a lazy, inexperienced or hurried designer doesn't lock all applicable critical dimensions. 2) Skill level, if true that all critical dimensions need to be manually locked when using ST it seems a more experience person is needed rather than the advertised "anyone can make changes". 3) Qualifications, maybe anyone can make changes with Sync-Tech but should they be able to? 4) Control, does anyone in any of these newsgroups really want someone like Jon Banquer given tools to easily make arbitrary changes to their design? Tom
Reply to
brewertr

LOL You have been blathering about "Parametric Modeling" Jon, not parametric programming. Thank God Qualcom sent their core design function to India. CDMA is what puts money in the bank for them, not your pathetic efforts.

You can apply at Cubic when you get cut. They'll love your BS.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

jon_banquer wrote: Nothing but ten year old nonsense. CATIA, UG, Missler and a host of others have been able to constrain imported geometry for a long time Jonnie. You must be new or something.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Could this be Synch-Tech at work?

Maybe some machinist decided it was too much trouble to make and just deleted that safety lock out feature from the customer supplied solid model.

+++++++++++++++++++=

Three planes collide on the ground at Baton Rouge Metro Airport

Updated: July 22, 2008 10:22 AM PDT BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A three-plane ground crash at the Baton Rouge Metro Airport could have become an explosive disaster.

It happened at the new regional maintenance hangar for Atlantic Southeast Airlines, or ASA.

The total value to the three CRJ commuter jets is $100 million and it looks like the most expensive one is a total loss.

The entire incident reportedly took five seconds.

A young mechanic pressed a starter switch to slowly spin the compressor blades for cleaning.

Instead, her action sent the engine to immediate takeoff power, hurling the fragile aircraft at 90 degree angles.

Witnesses say it's a wonder the entire hangar wasn't sent up in flames, not to mention injury or death to the 14 ASA mechanics and cleaning crew members working inside.

Reply to
brewertr

It's not that he's "new", it's just that the press releases he's read haven't done a good enough job covering those topics.

Notice how he instantly resorts back to damage control copy/paste mode the second you humiliated him with actual product knowledge?

Reply to
Joe788