Re: Push, Pull, Shape Moves To A Whole New Level

Siemens, who has the worlds worst CADCAM marketing, proves again they

> are again at the forefront when it comes to technology innovation. > > NX 7.5 has begun the process of adopting the methods behind > Synchronous Technology and applying them to surfacing. > >

Why do you insist on acting like this is ground breaking news??? CadKey had these tools at least 12 years ago....back then, even Boeing used to use CadKey to get their complex lofted wing surfaces. You are not seeing innovation here Yoni...you are seeing something re-created.

Reply to
Zymrgy

Jon, I thought you had convinced Qualcomm to implement Synchronous Technology in January of 09? What happened? You weren't LYING again, were you?

Reply to
Joe788

No wait........ I thought Cimatron had the worst CADCAM marketing........ Hmmmm

So this no history thing.... I'm curious. Say you were doing some very simple things, like us morons you refer to, nothing like adavanced surfacing that Jon or Joe or Woodja does. Like a sets of screw holes with a defined spacing between centers, with threads & c-bores & maybe dowel pins associated with them. Lots of them, now. Oh my my, your assembly now has changed sizes. You need to re-space all those screws that were put in the very beginning & were associated to the assembly size, maybe add more? change thread size? Who knows? W/ O a history, seems that may be a problem? How does that work? Maybe your designing a mold & you need to plug all the KO pin holes, like us lowly folk do. With history based modelers you just suppress those unwanted features. What happens in a non history based modeler? Plug each one of those

100 surface contoured holes individually?

Please enlighten us dumb asses Jon Hurry up & get some answers fer us simpletons. I'll have more questions on non hiztory based systems, because ALL current histrory based systems are doomed. right?

Reply to
cncmillgil

LMAO at that one Yoni. Just out of curiosity....how much does unemployment pay in Cali? Word on the street says its better than other states. With your vast amounts of experience in this area....what with being employed and un-employed in Arizona, Florida, the majority of the New England states....how does Cali rate in this area???

One last attempt to get back to topic....what about the examples I brought up in my previous posts? I will admit for a designers point of view...this push/pull shit is pretty cool. However....as a guy that has to make parts in the real world that is governed by hard prints....this shit is next to worthless.

Reply to
Zymrgy

I'm guessing lower Michigan #1 (Detriot?) Who's #2 We aint do'in to well here in the "land of corruption" - Obama ville. Mold shops......... lost hundreds in the last few years, just in Chi- town burbs. The ones left barely hanging on, have invested heavily in new technology. Friend of mine is closing his doors- Die-cast mold shop been in business 30+yrs- Good guy, hard working- quality jobs, I worked for him for a while. Aution is in June, probably lucky to get 50k for all equipment, mills, grinders, EDM's, CNC's. To bad his Mastercam & Solidworks seats are not sell-able.

Reply to
cncmillgil