Reaction/comments on free product configurator shareware

LS,

Recently I posted a topic about my free shareware version of my program to create a product configurator without any API knowledge.

I am very interested in your experiences/comments/reactions. Please post them or send them in an email to jjzwaard at studiozwaard dot nl.

Thanks in advance for your reactions.

Kind regards,

JJ

JJ

After trying the shareware version of your program, i concluded that it is very easy to work with, and that it opens options for those people without much knowledge of SolidWorks. After making the base models, pretty much anyone can generate a model with the desired dimensions. Also I find that it makes a lot of ''boring'' jobs a lot easier like generating 2D drawings and adding configurations to models. This program opens up possibilities for those who want to generate models, with limited knowledge of the software.

Regards, Thijs Haverkamp , a future customer.

Reply to
Thijs

It works and it's very easy to learn. I think it's better than DriveWorks in couple areas.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

So in what areas would that be?

Reply to
ianyat

In the next version, I want to allow users to use if-functions that determine the contents of comboboxes. Furthermore I'm working on previews of the files that is referenced to.

I think the most powerfull function of this program is the interface. It give a clear overview of the different steps that have to be performed. Furthermore it's very easy to modify existing configurators. You can insert, delete or move steps. But ofcourse I'm not the person to give an objective reaction ;-)

Regards,

Jan Jurjen

Reply to
JJ

UI is really nice, exactly what JJ says below. I also like the way it saves the work. Comparing to the DriveWorks Express, not to the big DW, which was (don't no the current situation) just too buggy to work with. And you have to remember that DW Express will propably always be Express

- that is "limited". JJ's stuff is growing.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola