Create your own Product Configurator ** NO API required ** (free shareware)

LS,
I've created a program to create a product configurator without any API knowledge. You can simply select predefined steps from a list and store
them in a featuremanager-like tree structure.
This shareware version provides full functionality and has no time limit. The only limitation is that only seven steps can be recorded and played back.
To get all desired information into the program (like dimension names, file locations etc...) you'd best open the files in SolidWorks and get the information by clicking on a button.
After creating a list of steps that have to be performed by the program (make this with the Recorder), you can execute this configurator with another program, the Player. The Recorder can be used to create the configurator (you have to make this once and you can edit it afterwards) and the Player to perform all steps that are in the configurator.
SolidWorks macro can also be run by the program, so custom made functionality can also be used.
There's a low-quality screenshot available at:
http://www.studiozwaard.nl/images/configuratorrecorder2.jpg
I'm looking forward to your opinion and your feedback. I'm still working on a manual, which will be available on my website within a few weeks.
Kind regards,
Jan Jurjen Zwaard Zwaard Engineering Studio
Sorry, forgot the most important thing.
Get the download from the topic 'Software' from.
www.studiozwaard.nl
Kind regards,
Jan Jurjen Zwaard
Sounds like a potentially good seller, although I have no personal need for it (at least yet). How much do you plan to charge for the unlimited steps application?
'Sporky'
JJ wrote:

Hello Sporky/All,
The idea behind this program is to make companies less dependent and more flexible concerning product configurators. If companies use product configurators, they are depending on the companies that created the configurator if they want to change something. This program enables companies to create and edit/change their own configurators. This will save a lot of money.
I don't know if you have downloaded the shareware version, but the full version only costs 500,- (US $ 600,-). Subscription costs 100,- (US $ 125,-) per year. The shareware version is for free! The only limitation is that only seven steps can be saved and/or played back.
If you know a company that may be intersested, please inform about the profit YOU can make once they but a licence.
Kind regards,
Jan Jurjen Zwaard
jjzwaard at studiozwaard dot nl