File -> Find References , copy drawings also?

Is it possible to copy the associated drawings when doing a FILE ->
Find References on a top level assy? If not, whats the best way to do
this?
Reply to
SW Monkey
You can copy the drawing associated to the top level assy, but not any drawings associated to sub-assys or parts.....yep, it's crap! You Have to buy a PDM system for that.
The workarounds are to either - individually copy the relevant parts and their drawings and use the replace command to put them into the new assy, or alternatively - copy the relevant parts whilst you are copying the assembly using SW EXplorer. Then use Windows Explorer to make copies of the drawings and then use SW Explorer to make the new drawings reference the new parts.
If there's a better way, please let me know, as I'm pretty new to this myself!
Cheers, John Harland
Reply to
John
Yes,
but there seems to be nothing about CopyTools, finnish page about it:
Ask more: snipped-for-privacy@cadon.fi
Reply to
Markku Lehtola
The best workaround I found so far is, after copying an assembly using SW explorer, then copy the drawings with MS explorer into the new directory with the assembly open in SW all the drawing references are updated.
steve
Reply to
solid steve
I have got a macro that finds alle references of a file. Including drawings. If you want to, I will upload the code next week, but it might be in a combination of dutch and french, so not very easy to understand. But it works fine. The only disadvantage is that you have to select a directory that will be searched.
Kind regards,
JJ

Michiel schreef:
Reply to
JJ
JJ, sounds good. I can translate the dutch/french with a translator. How much code is it? By next week, do you mean next Monday?
Reply to
SW Monkey
I think this will be thursday.
SW M> JJ, sounds good. I can translate the dutch/french with a translator.
Reply to
JJ
LS,
I uploaded the files to my website. You can find it in the software/macros section. Please also check the gallery for a nice chopper rendering with nice chrome effects. I'm looking forward to your reactions. You can even download the file that I used as environment for this rendering.
Please also check my other macros.
Kind regards,
JJ

JJ