Really strange!

Here is a strange problem and a solution:- I replicated this three times, just to prove it.

Power up the PC, Open an assembly from Pdmworks, the local view, shows that the local documents, are newer, older and equal to the vault documents.

Close solidworks, Shut down the PC. Re-power up the PC, Local view documents are now all equal to the vault documents!

New hard disk, re-install Xp Pro, (using system restore disks), and Solidworks, local vault. The same.

Another new hard disk, re-install Xp Pro, (using retail Xp Pro), and Solidworks, local vault. The same.

Hmm...

To cut a long story short, I took out the graphics card, gave it a blast with the airline, (wow, so much dust, so I blasted the whole PC), the problem stopped!!!!

It's crazy, nuts even, but it's true.

This is what I have been trying to solve, for the last two weeks, I am soooo happy!, well almost!

But that's another post, lol

Reply to
pete