PDM Works Problem!

I am unable to get my PDMworks standalone client to work, I have the vault and the client installed on the same computer. I can get the admin to run fine, but when I start the standalone client I get an application error and the vault service stops. I can ping the local host without a problem. I took the software home to try on a different computer and I have the same problem. If I try to use the Solidworks addin, the software hangs and the vault service stops. The first computer was running Win2000 SP4, the second was running XP SP2. I have worked with my VAR with no luck.

Reply to
Mike Z.

This is one area (and probably the only one) where SW forum is a better place to post. Go to the PDMWorks forum there and you will probably be helped by SW people who know what is going on.

XP SP2 is not approved for running SW.

Reply to
P.

The warning bells start ringing with XP SP2.

Make sure you are running SW2005 SP 0.1 - the download (PDMWorks) includes code for use with XP SP2. No SW2004 SP is compatible with XP SP2 as of yet.

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar

Thanks to Joy Pineau at Solidworks for solving my problem, I had an incorrect copy of zlib.dll in my system32 directory.

Reply to
Mike Z.

SP 0.1 is approved.

Reply to