rubber boot

Hi; I model injected plastic cases and more and more we are making protective rubber boots for them to fit in. Its a pain putting all the radii, drafts and angles on the inside of the boot to fit the cases. Is it possible to put a block around the case model and then subtract the case leaving a hollow with it's shape? Sure would make it easier. Or is there a way I could do it with muti-bodies? Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kube

Hello towards you Rudy -

Perhaps what is your need is to make one CAVITY.

This is the feature to be used. But a assembly will have to be made by you to get these to work.

The tutor can give the help - see there to get the details.

Know too this is for the molding but can be useful now to you.

Sincerefully,

Habib

Reply to
Habib

Insert/Part should give you a body to combine/subtract from your boot.

Otherwise, as Habib said, you can also do this with the cavity feature via a incontext assembly relationship.

..

Rudy Kube wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Insert/Part is the way to go. Makes a beautiful cavity when subtracted. I also tried putting a multibody cube around the part and subtracting it from that. That worked too. Thanks it cut my time dramatically. Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kube