Scaling a sketch in one direction only

Can I scale a sketch in one direction only?? I have an aerofoil section and want to make it 'fatter' and not longer by a known percentage.

Reply to
Phil Evans

*) Make a feature out of your original sketch, either an extruded solid or extruded surface. *) Insert-> Features-> Scale *) Disable "Uniform Scaling" *) Set your scale factor

Once your feature is scaled properly, create a new sketch and perform a "Convert Entities" on the outline, or just use the newly created feature as a separate multibody.

It's not the most intuitive method, but there are a few advantages as you can keep your original shape intact and use configurations to create multiple iterations of your design.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Reply to