screen color settings

I've always left the SW screen at default configuration, but our "Graphics" guy says it's better to have white or light gray background. What is everyone's opinion/preferences on this matter and on other user settings that make life easier? The last posts on this matter were in Feb 2003, any new ideas since then?

Arif

Reply to
arif

white, you obviously have never been snow blind.

Reply to
kb

I have my background set to a gray that is almost white. That provides the best contrast with the default colors for everything else.

The color is not full white, because that is hard on the eyes. I would prefer light colors on a black background, unfortunately that's too much trouble. Light colors on dark provide the best contrast and are easest on the eyes. Back in my Acad days with the black background, a 60Hz refresh rate was easily tolerated. Whith white, I have to have an absolute minimum of 72Hz. 75 if I want to look at it for long.

Reply to
Dale Dunn