wildfire; "collapse the browser"?

I wish I could say this is the last dumb question I'll ever ask
here...
but, how exactly is one supposed to "collapse the browser" window in
Wildfire? The only way I've found to do that is to close the part
out, open it back, and the browser will indeed be collapsed. But I
don't find that e.g. the "close" button in the browser is available
(it's grayed out, not functional); that would be sensible it seems to
me, but it won't work! I can imagine there is some transparently
obvious way you're supposed to do this, but I don't know what it is.
Thanks--C. Hale
Reply to
CHale
: I wish I could say this is the last dumb question I'll ever ask : here... : : but, how exactly is one supposed to "collapse the browser" window in : Wildfire? The only way I've found to do that is to close the part : out, open it back, and the browser will indeed be collapsed. But I : don't find that e.g. the "close" button in the browser is available : (it's grayed out, not functional); that would be sensible it seems to : me, but it won't work! I can imagine there is some transparently : obvious way you're supposed to do this, but I don't know what it is. : Thanks--C. Hale
The browser window is a 'flyout' from the left side of the window frame. You should see arrows on the left side of the graphics/browser window. Click on the arrow. The browser should 'roll' right back up into the frame. I can't verify that it works this way on Unix workstations, but it does in Windows.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
That's the ticket, all right, thanks. I never on the little arrows, only them...doh. Thanks--Charley
Reply to
CHale
Got any suggestions on how to get rid of the idiot thing entirely ? :-(
And does anyone have even the vaguest klew of WHY ptc chose the world's ugliest colors and fonts to use for default settings in Wildfire ?
Reply to
hamei
: : > : but, how exactly is one supposed to "collapse the browser" window in : > : Wildfire? : > : > The browser window is a 'flyout' from the left side of the window frame. You : > should see arrows on the left side of the graphics/browser window. Click on the : > arrow. The browser should 'roll' right back up into the frame. I can't verify that : > it works this way on Unix workstations, but it does in Windows. : : : : Got any suggestions on how to get rid of the idiot thing entirely ? :-( : Not quite entirely, but maybe close enough. In Pro/e, 'Tools>Customize screen>Browser tab', uncheck 'Expand Browser by default while loading Pro/E'. You won't see it again unless you click on those window frame handles.
: And does anyone have even the vaguest klew of WHY ptc chose the world's : ugliest colors and fonts to use for default settings in Wildfire ?
Tastless Unix goofs who maybe invented the screen colors, fonts, etc. for HPUX and have complete contempt for users of any software anywhere in the world? Just a guess. Oh, and my all-time favorite is the micro print in their version of a file navigator. Pro/GOOFY stikes again!
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
Thanks ! I'll save this one.
Disagree there ... Wildfire is a change TOWARDS the "Windows-native" interface. When it was v20 or 2000i2 or 2001 it wasn't half bad-looking. HP-UX tho, yuck. Or AIX is even worse. I agree :-)
Reply to
hamei
I just found it. Under "tools" "customize screen" and then the "browser" tab, there is a box you can uncheck that says something about "Expand browser by default when opening Pro/E" Make sure that box is unchecked and say good-bye to that browser.
Robert L. Alexander Sauder Woodworking Co. Ph. 419.446.3221 Fx. 419.446.4978
Reply to
Bob Alexander
Yup, thanks to both of you. Now, another earth-shaking appearance issue :-)
Default screen color could probably be described as light puke. The "original Pro/E Screen Colors" option is okay, but I kinda like adjusting the blended colors myself. That part is easy. Then I save it. Whoopee, I *thought* I saved it ... Pro/E must put the saved settings someplace, but damned if I can figure out where. Next time you open it, back to the special 'dissected-worm' color. There's a config.pro setting for a straight color, but the blend is pretty. A pretty computer is a happy computer.
Any idears ?
Reply to
hamei
: Default screen color could probably be described as light puke. The "original : Pro/E Screen Colors" option is okay, but I kinda like adjusting the blended : colors myself. That part is easy. Then I save it. Whoopee, I *thought* I saved : it ... Pro/E must put the saved settings someplace, but damned if I can figure : out where. Next time you open it, back to the special 'dissected-worm' color.
So, probably in whatever working directory you werer in when you saved it, you have a file called syscol.scl which contains all your system colors settings, including whether to use the blended background and any editing you've done to spif it up. Now, all you have to do is go into config.pro and set the option system_colors_file to this file. Actually, it probably doesn't even matter what you call this file as long as this option points to it. It's just a text file with values for the option eqivalents of system_background_color, system_curve_color, system_volume_color, etc.
: There's a config.pro setting for a straight color, but the blend is pretty. : A pretty computer is a happy computer.
I agree, which is why I even change the sketcher background/foreground color schemes to something a little more civilized than scratching chalk on a blackboard. A hangover (holdover? no, hangover) from the 'good ole days' of 16 color graphics cards? And half the time it can't even do that right, losing tables, dimensions and whole views behind the black background. It's so 80s!
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
After saving the color file, load it in the config file with the option "system_colors_file", then browse to the color file you just created.
Reply to
nettles
Thanks guys. I musta been being naive that day ... I shoulda realized that not only do you have to save the file (which worked fine) but then you have to hunt around for the config.pro secret handshake so that the Pro will remember to use the file it just saved :-)
anyway .... one small step for Man, etc etc
Reply to
hamei

Site Timeline