Sheetmetal Training

I took the basic training class two weeks ago and I can make circle and
squares. Now I am in the fab shop and we roll sheet metal. I would
like to find a site where I can get some basic understanding of how SW
unfolds cones and how to put in holes in the shape so when make a model
I don't have to redraw the holes in the flat pattern for the burn table.
Thanks
Steve
Reply to
Steve
Have you read the help? Sheet metal has one of the most extensive help sections of any SW functionality. As you read it do the examples in the help so you know what they actually do. What you are asking is pretty basic. It would help the NG if you had a specific case.
Steve wrote:
Reply to
TOP
I took you advise and re took the on line Sheet metal course again. But the issue is the same I don't know how to keep cut with the flat pattern after I have made them in the model. Or I put them in the flat pattern and they are on a plane somewhere in space after I fold the model. Is there a way to attach the cut to the model?
Steve
T> Have you read the help? Sheet metal has one of the most extensive help
Reply to
Steve
Hi Steve,
Use the Unfold command insert your cut and then use the Fold command. Don't confuse the Flatten and Unfold commands.
Check
it is an excellent resorce for SolidWorks sheetmetal users.
If you email me an example, I'd be happy to take a look at it.
John Layne

John Layne
After I went to
after I went to
I realized what I was doing wrong, I was modifying the model not the sketch. After I added holes to the sketch and added flanges and cut outs to the sketch the flat pattern work very well. Thanks to all with their incites and the link.
Thanks Steve
Reply to
Steve