Showing SWX models on a website

Is there a straightforward way of showing 3D models (preferably native SWX files, but could be an exported copy) on a website, such that visitors to the site can view/pan/rotate them from a browser?

I know it must be possible because sites like 3DContentCentral do it. Does it require special software?

I don't mind visitors needing to download a smallish Java plugin (for example), but I don't want them to need to download and install eDrawings.

TIA, John H

Reply to
John H

e-drawings. If you have SW Office or hiring you also have the 3d instant website plug-in.

Reply to
Rock Guy

I believe

is included with all but the basic SW package and should accomplish what you are trying to do.

Reply to
Brian

E-Drawings in webpages work fairly well, but are is a function of an Active-X add-in that will only run under Internet Explorer. Won't work under Firefox.

=========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

believe

included with all but the basic SW package and should accomplish what you

Does 3dinstatntwebsite work with Firefox or is it just my install?

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

"alphawave" wrote

I had to manually install the Viewpoint Media Player plugin for Firefox, but after that I was able to view the sample models on the SWX website.

John H

Reply to
John H

Thanks for the info, however I can't get this to work. The SWX website has the following info on its "website administrator" page :- " Your 3D Instant Website Administration account is based on your SolidWorks serial number. If you have already created an administrator account for your hosted websites, please enter the username and password below. If you have not created an adminstrator account, please close your browser and return to this login page by selecting 'Tools-3D Instant Website-Administrator' from your SolidWorks software."

I have SWX Office and can bring up the Office toolbar (and I have Photoworks, Toolbox etc), but the button for "3D instant website" is greyed out, and there is no menu item in the add-ins list.

Is this an Office Pro option, or is there something else I need to enable first? I'm on 2006sp5.1

John H

Reply to
John H

or is it just my install?

Yep, Thanks John - That works for me - the auto download attempt kept stalling!

Cheers,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Sorry, I've never actually used 3d Instant website. I was simply aware of its existance. Is it possible that a custom installation was performed and it was not installed?

Reply to
Brian

HI John

I've messed about with modelpress, sort of works but I found it a bit flakey.

steve

Reply to
solid steve