Marketing on a Website

If I wanted to showcase my assemblies on a website so that potential clients could spin the assembly around and zoom in, what software would I need for this?

Reply to
Waligora, R

I don't think any. If you save your models as a .mts or the Viewpoint selection (you may need to go to Tools Add-ins to turn it on) you can post that file and the viewer/customer would need to download the viewpoint media player which is free.

Of course you can post edrawings as well.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Why don't you just use eDrawings? Once you create the eDrawing file, save it as an HTML from the list of save choices. Them embed that html file in your webpage and people won't have to download a 2-plus meg file. And if they haven't ever seen an eDrawing on that computer, it will install the driver for it, and then next time it will be a lot faster. Everything in the eDrawing EXE will be included in the HTML version. Cool stuff.

Reply to
detroitpickles

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

I found that McMaster-Carr uses Actify - Spinfire. Is that because they use other 3D software to generate the model?

Reply to
Waligora, R

Do you have 3d Instant website on the addins, I believe it is a part of every SW installation? if you do then make a site from that and save it to a local drive and then publish it..

Reply to
Ben