Simple Markup Editor

Hi All,

I'm posting this in the CAD group, though it applies to any on-screen markups ...

We just attended a demo of an on-line collaboration tool which boasted of its on-line markup capabilities for any object on the screen - CAD or otherwise. It looked like their product had automated the Windows copy/paste functions for the area of the screen that the user selected. Then it raised the office drawing toolbar in the same way that Word or Powerpoint would let you insert circles and arrows onto a document drawing.

Right now, our company doesn't do collaborative engineering on-line. I'm not saying that we won't in the future, but I would rather spend big money on these systems when I know that there is a definite need. In order to dip our feet in the collaboration pool, I can use NetMeeting for sharing desktops. (Its slow for solids, but not hideously so when we're in the same WAN.) We can teach people to do screen shots and markups the long way, but I'd rather find a tool to automate this. Does anyone know of a product out there that will to do the screen capture and markup? We have two tools in-house that automate screen capture - PrintKey and the HTML Help Image Editor - but neither does markups.

Sorry for the long-winded question. Thanks in advance! Robin

Reply to
Ms. RADO

Hello Ms. RADO,

I use a product called SnagIt form Techsmith.

It does allow some markup. You can download a trial version from the above website.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi Muggs,

Thanks for the advice! The SnagIt website has some great assistance - including a review that compares their product against others in the industry. Its a good starting point for us!

Regards, Rob> Hello Ms. RADO,

Reply to
msrado