slow network problem

hi people,

we have a dedicated 100mb line to the server, we are testing with two cad-stations on the server. every cad-station has a dedicated line to the server, for each cad-station the server has a network card(3 nics alltogether in server, one for connection to company lan).

but still the network is very slow, saving/working local is the fastest but working with files on server goes at 12% of the 100mb bandwidth, copying files via explorer goes at about 100%, how come solidworks2003 sp3.1 does not use this bandwidth? what can we do about it?

regards,

p.s please sent me a reply mail N.Maarse Saint-Gobain Abrasives

Reply to
Niek Maarse

I had simple parts randomly slow to open, and could narrow the problem to the "temp" dir full of crap (Take a look at it, could be more than 1000 files there). Solved when I made a batch that deletes everything there on startup. And I ask the users to boot at least once a week. Was true with NT, and I did the same when changing to W2K. HIH JM

"Niek Maarse" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN