SolidWorks API to check Sheet Size

I have a macro that I am using to fill titleblock information using custom sheet properties defined in the titleblock area. I have radio buttons setup to fill in tolerances for coarse, medium, or fine. The tolerances are different for metric or imperial. I need to be able to do a check to see if the drawing is metric or imperial then fill the appropriate tolerance. I cannot seem to get the VB code right to check the sheet.

Here's a sample of what I was trying but it always fills imperial.

If OptionButton1.Value = True Then 'Coarse selection 'check for standard english borders If swDwgPaperSizes_e = swDwgPaperDsize Or swDwgPaperCsize Or swDwgPaperBsize Or swDwgPaperAsize Then retval = drawingdoc.DeleteCustomInfo("TOLERANCE1") retval = drawingdoc.AddCustomInfo("TOLERANCE1", "Text", "0.1") retval = drawingdoc.DeleteCustomInfo("TOLERANCE2") retval = drawingdoc.AddCustomInfo("TOLERANCE2", "Text", "0.03") retval = drawingdoc.DeleteCustomInfo("TOLERANCE3") retval = drawingdoc.AddCustomInfo("TOLERANCE3", "Text", "0.010") Else 'assume metric borders retval = drawingdoc.DeleteCustomInfo("TOLERANCE1") retval = drawingdoc.AddCustomInfo("TOLERANCE1", "Text", "3.0") retval = drawingdoc.DeleteCustomInfo("TOLERANCE2") retval = drawingdoc.AddCustomInfo("TOLERANCE2", "Text", "1.0") retval = drawingdoc.DeleteCustomInfo("TOLERANCE3") retval = drawingdoc.AddCustomInfo("TOLERANCE3", "Text", "0.25") End If End If

Reply to
Randy

ModelDoc2.GetUnits (1) is the length unit uses the enum swLengthUnit_e

This will tell you if it is in english or metric

If you have control of your Templates you could name the textobjects that contain these values instead of setting custom props. You can then search for the objects by name and fill in the values. I will share some code if you like.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich