Solidworks Future

I heard a rumor that Dassault is filing for bankruptcy? How will this affect Solidworks? This has been one reason for us not switching to SW, even though i believe its a better software.

Reply to
Judora

Where did you hear this rumor? From an Autodesk reseller?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

What a joke , huh i guess Ford is stupid? EDS products being replace by Dassault.

I think whoever told you this is lying. Autodesk is having some financial problems they are laying off 20% of there staff.

Reply to
Rocko

I dont think so!! Dassault is a huge company, part of the Airbus (Boeing killers) family and also developers of Catia.

Reply to
Phil Evans

Shhhhhhh! Hopefully I can sell all my seats before it goes public. Thank you for notifying me.

Reply to
SWuser

Phil,

Er.... Boeing uses Catia, always has

Airbus used to use Cadds.... Don't know what they use now.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Reply to
Phil Evans

Mark, did you know that Boeing also has a bunch of seats of Cadkey ? If you need the exact number I can get it. It's not just a few seats.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

This is a total crock of shit. No other nice way to put it.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Used for what? Planning broom routes?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Do you mind telling us who you heard this from?

Another CAD vendor perhaps? Do they have a "3" in their name?

What do you use now?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

I'm guessing AutoCad. Considering your business ... do you see any advantages to changing systems? You must already have over 100,000 things in AutoCad (or XYZCAD) that would probably have to be translated ... and you share the data all over the place with your customers & vendors I'd expect. How many of them use SolidWorks?

Just curious ...

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Hi there -

To not choose the best software for your present needs is a bit nutty in my mind.

A program like solidworks that has many users will have future revene for any owner and therefore will be supported, sold, maintained and probably exist well into the future.

By the way, nothing will be the same in three years. This industry moves way to fast. Make your best choice based on your needs today.

Warm regards,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

we have several seat of MDT and 2 seat of Solidworks that we bought to evaulate. We been working in those seats for the past year and have come to the conclusion that it,s a great CAD software. Us two user have been pushing to switch to this new software, but its like fighting a losing battle. There is a lot of lagecy in Autocad MDT. Thanks for all the input.

Reply to
Judora

There must be more than two users at friedrich.com ...... and in the supplier & customer chains .... and how would you port all the data?

What is missing here?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

There are only 2 of us on SW. Myself and another designer. As far as porting all data, i don't understand what you mean "is missing?".....I'm assuming a PDM?........We have completed a whole project in SW.

Reply to
Judora

you're losing a battle against mdt? WOW

if you want to talk about the future ... mdt doesn't have one. autodesk is throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at inventor. :)

Reply to
kenneth b