my new home computer

Asus P4C800E-DX 800FSB MB w/Sound/G-Lan/SATA/1394 Intel Pentium4 2.8C GHz 800FSB 512K Cache w/HT CPU RETAIL

2 x 512MB PC3200 DDR400 RAM (Major-Brand)

i cant find any reviews on this mother board. can anyone tell me about it. how will it perform.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

HTH,

Leo

Reply to
Leo Hursh

Intel cpu fan VERY NOISY. I replaced mine with one of the Zalman quiet fans. Much better now. G-lan is a little more complicated to set up but works fine.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Wolfe

Yep, same here... it was worth it.

..

Gary Wolfe wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Here's another review.

Bruce Wirkkala

thank you everyone. im picking it up today.

glad im getting the P4C800E-DX and not the P4C800-DX

Reply to
Sean Phillips

im doing a re-install of everything now that i have the new computer. the thing that got me was that win-xp-pro installed in 5 min. i did spend the extra money on an (ATA serial 150 7200rpm8mb buffer harddrive). also the cd-rom drive sounds like it is going to take off while installing(solid green). internet seems faster to which i dont understand because i was running a 1.7amd befor. over all i am now in-love with my new computer.

ps. i dont have a ring. but we are getting married in the new year.

Reply to
Sean Phillips