Proto 2000 series SW8/900 locomotive w/sound decoder

Anybody bought one of these with the factory installed sound decoder? I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on the running qualities as well as the sound quality. Cheers Gene

Reply to
gene

Well, since you haven't received any pertinent replies, I'll throw my two cents' worth in.

I have three older P2K non-sound SW9/1200's. They run as well as any P2K loco, which is to say somewhat better than a typical Athearn but not as well as an Atlas.

Can't comment on the sound, except to note that they use QSI sound systems which seem to have a reputation for being good-sounding current hogs.

Stevert

Reply to
Stevert

Reply to