solidworks to topsolid !!!!!

Hi all,

I had worked with SolidWorks, but I've changed a company .

My new company works with TOPSOLID from missler .

Could Anyone explain me a difference between two CAD system ?

Thanx in advance for your help.

Reply to
Utilisateur1

Never heard of TopSolid.

Reply to
TOP

In fact, I hope some comments about these 2 points :

1 - There is no part file

Assy file and part file are the same.( not clear)

2 - The sketcher is not good.

Thanx again.

"Flynt" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Utilisateur1

That's funny! I thought after I gave you the moniker you started it.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Top Solid is much more popular in Europe than the U.S. Even there, it's used mostly for mold design, and that mostly because it has decent native CAM.

Some of the issues you mention (sketcher, no true assembly, etc.) are valid from what I've heard. It would probably be a very poor choice for a primary CAD system, unless you design tooling exclusively.

Mark

Reply to
MM

I have been a SolidWorks user since it first came out. I recently switched from Solidworks to Topsolids. If you are a Mold Designer TopSolid is far superior to Solidworks. It is the most friction free design envrionment I have ever worked with. I would say it is like the Cadkey of Solid modelers. It is kind of old school in its concepts, but what you will relize after using it a while is that all the pretty Windows Object Oriented concepts in Solidworks are not really making you more productive.

If I was designing a Mold, I would choose Topsolid Hands Down. If I was designing Products I would choose Solidworks Hands Down.

Reply to
lmt