SP1.1 is out - anyone try it?

Solidworks tells me that a new service exists and ask me if I want to download it.

Should I?

Reply to
Double Ace

are they the same ones who told you to install sp0.0?

Reply to
kb

I have donwloaded it, and would love to try it... BUT of course if one has this installer problem, one MUST call M$ to get the hotfix!!! HOW stupid is that???

Do any of you use apple products? do you know how unbeilivably aggravating M$ is regarding support? Why oh why must I run the installer only to have the dreaded installer problem (I had ev1.0 installed) to find a link to their website, visit the site to read a page-and-a-half that says absolutely nothing useful about the problem, or how to solve it!

But at least SW provides telephone numbers to call in several countries to get the fix direct from friendly M$ employees. How nice, telephone support is closed for the day here... so now I have to wait 'til morning and probably longer on hold! What are they going to do? tell me the magic incantation or dance to do, or will the tell me the weblink to download the patch... which they could have done in the FIRST place saving me time and them time.... grrrrrr.

take pill... breath deep... use a mac. Ahhh. :-))

I'm telling you, SW on OSX would be killer.

Daniel

PS- as I understand it, this M$ bug affects only people who have installed 2 SW SPs already - if you have installed only one, then you probably are good to go.

Reply to
daniel

On 14 Feb 2005 08:36:30 -0800, "Double Ace"

Yes - I've just installed it without a hitch - however using win 2000 not XP

Seems to be no major hitch yet except the upgrade did not bring back my Task Panel and Design Library. !!! that went walk about today.

Should you down load it ? - Well we each have to walk our own path on this world !! Do you feel lucky ;-)

Regards

j>Solidworks tells me that a new service exists and ask me if I want to >download it.

Reply to
jjs

I took a quick loook around the SW site and couldn't find a page describing what's contained in SP1.1. What did they fix/add/remove/change, etc.?

-Martin

Reply to
Martin

I'm up & running on XP SP2 with SW2005 SP1.1. I am pleased that one particular issue was fixed - that of the user defined part number containing a leading space in conjunction with an Excel based BOM. I tried it before and after updating - fixed!

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I read it - it's on the download page under Fixed SPR's.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

....but don't try the SP1.1 Help file until you brush up on some of your language skills!

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

LOL, I just checked it and your right - Not English!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Well, I did. XP sp2. D/L'd and installed OK. Seems to run faster, hasn't crash yet, knock on wood.

Interesting new feature in 'Help.' I should have taken more spanish in high school.

Double Ace wrote:

Reply to
Double Ace