sp2 has been released

It's full of insidious subliminal messages, too. 8~)

Reply to
Jeff Howard

I hear ya, that's understandable and rational. What's interesting is evaluating the situation or thinking about this so called relationship, between user and software company.

Basically, let's face it, the user is a user being used or exploited in the beta or bug reporting process.

When any of you read marketing statements like, "Performance increases", "User requested", "We listened to our users", "Enhancements", "Easy to use",.. how much of that turns into a benefit or return for the end user?? Any user who has used the software long enough and knows software, knows generally that most of the performance and productivity enhancements come indirectly from simple raw hardware upgrades. And, yes from users helping them with reporting or suggesting ideas.

SW needs us more than we need SW but... then we need more software design tool (competition) to get more of of the tools we need.

Most of the changes we have been seeing over the years are interface changes to help the new users learn the software faster or too attract new buyers. And, most of these enhancements are market driven or direct competition related, which is both good/bad, with less focus. Otherwise, yea, there are new features but many of those new features are old ideas being repackaged.

SW Corp is making plenty of money... and as time passes, the software world will have less myth to it and most users will get wise to being used/whored.

My problem is with the advertising and repeated inconsistencies with the software. Also, SW is engineering software,... where consistent, accurate and reliable features are a core foundation to the software and why users buy and use the software. I think most engineering users can understand these are major issues. With marketing making claims about performance or migrating data reliably, this is not actually true. All of this of course is sold to the user as being cost effective or more productive so if the users are being sold on these foundations, and there is proof that data is not reliable and figures are being misleading, SW Corp could and should be liable.

..

Jeff N wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

It's not just lame... It's "Sofa-King" lame!

Mike J. Wilson

mine hung at the same time too. seems OK now though.

I fixed the PDF problem on the work PC doing a 'repair install' on sp2. works fine now

Reply to
Navy Diver