static drawins

Is it possible in SW 2001+ to create a drawing, and then de-link the model so the .slddrw file can me emailed separate of the model to a vendor? Don't ask why, because I think the reasons are stupid, but I'm being made to find out by my boss. We've been sending drawings to vendors as PDF's, which I think are the best thing since sliced bread and sliced cheese combined, but that's not good enough for our Taiwan vendor, although it's more than good enough for ALL of our vendors in the states. I wish management would have some way to quantify wasted time and double work, and add that to the "oh, look how cheap their quotes are", and see if it still looks so cheap.

Thanks.

Reply to
Barna Madau

eDrawings

JJ

Reply to
JJ

Rapid Draft Dxf Dwg iges eDrawings

Reply to
Arlin

As was said, eDrawings are the best way!

Otherwise, RapidDraft is the other way in that you do not have to have the pat/asm to open but there is still a link. Unfortunately the files are huge!!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Reply to
FrankW

FrankW wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@norpak.ca:

If they had Acrobat they could mark up the PDF files just as easily.

It wouldn't make me comfortable to think of my vendors changing my drawings for whatever reason, but I suppose it's often necessary.

Joel Moore

Reply to
Joel Moore

Another method... send the drawings, and tell them to open them with "View Only" enabled. No need to save-as PDF edrawing etc.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

"Barna Madau" wrote in news:bk4t5m$pame6$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-158944.news.uni-berlin.de:

Look in the Help for Rapid Draft (renamed "detached drawings" in sw04).

matt

Reply to
matt

I'll second this, especially if your vendor has SW already. It's simple, fast and easy.

Reply to
Ray Reynolds

SWX does not have iges export of 2-d drawings......(sigh).......

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

If you only send the *.slddrw file, the model is detached. They open it with the free viewer, or send them the swviewer with the file. For us, the e-drawing is most times too large of a file and the recipient hasn't a large enough machine to pull it up.

Ron Waligora AFC-HOLCROFT

Reply to
Ron Waligora