Please look at www.SaveRocketryNow.org

I see from one of the mailing lists that the NAR has just made a substantial cash donation to the SaveRocketryNow project. I was already convinced that it was a worthwhile and important venture, but the NAR's endorsement is added proof if anyone needs it. And I am proud of the NAR's actions and attitude.

I went to the web site this morning and donated a complete RTLS M1 and M2 launch system to the raffle. This system will fill and fire all the floating-injector hybrids as well as conventional motors. Since the raffle tickets will be selling for $100 and the RTLS M1 and M2 together sell for $310, that looks to me like a good reason to buy a ticket.

I urge everyone to go over to

and look it over. Do what you feel you can. This is a very important opportunity coming at a critical time in the history of the rocketry sport.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

I agree. It has been fixed. I hope that an apology will be issued as well.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Don't give up yet, BB. The comment is gone. The webmaster didn't know it was there, and is investigating it further (checking the content source).

I think it's a good program. I saw the pitch at our club meeting (DARS) Saturday, and it has a chance. I still plan on sending in $100. And DARS is sending in $1000. Plus, DARS members will probably total another $1000 in individual donations.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

$1000 substantial. But notable for the timely support.

The problems I raised still exist.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This is a last minute rush effort to run ads on the discovery channel showing of that tripoli launch.

There is no grand plan, just a mad rush. It mey even get to the point of airing something in some markets. Fine.

But to assume that will be the magic bullet that brings the droves to our doorstep to exploit, is a fallacy.

Not only that let's say all of a sudden vendors got hit with hundreds of inquiries with a delayed cash flow to actual orders (it takes people time to learn enough to buy). Now you have record cash starved companies trying to survive the onslaught.

I say raise a fund to run some co-op print ads for far less, the still huge swamp can be dealt with by using a portion of the fund to provide micro-loans of $10k or less to vendors that need bridge finance on realistic orders.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

My $100.00 pledge is now in the mail to Frank.

It may not be a perfect plan. It may not work. It might just fail.

Just like hittin the LAUNCH button.

We'll never know till we actually do it.

Reply to
Gary

Good job Pat. has the edit and post work been arranged already for the ad?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
The Dickinson's

Thanks Jerry. Pretty much all completed, I finalized those details about an hour ago.

Pat G

Reply to
Potrocs

I want to save rocketry too. Let me know what you need. I can write scripts too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Stick that rocket on ROL Auctions for 3 to 4 days and donate the money you make from the sale. I Plan to get rid of some odd & ends this way. I am hoping we make it to the mark we need.

-Tim Summers

Reply to
Tim Summers

I sent in an offer to help. Even pay for postage to mail things out or do high quality printing.

I was ignored. :-(

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

These grassroots efforts are typicically one to three guys anyway. There is no system in place to mangage even a small group. Bring that to the table and we will reward you at IEAS.org. I don't mean the conference sosteare, I mean the methodology and focus.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I have made my Donation just now.

IT is sad that we do not even have $5,000 yet and already 1/4 the way into october.

we need to rattle some change books on this one.

I wish I could donate more.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Has anyone else noticed that the buyrockets.com web site has quite out-dated pricing for Aerotech engines? I was concerned that I was getting an absurd price from greatlakeshobbies.com for my SU engines.

I shopped around and found that their new price of $13.99 for a G80 was still the best out there, in spite of the listed price on buyrockets.com of $9.99

Tom Ha NAR #76754 rocketha at netscape dot net

Reply to
Tom Ha

Like most of us, the face behind BR has a real job and life. The last time I emailed an issue, I inquired about the motor situation and he indicated that when there are motors he will update the list, but he was pretty busy. I don't believe motors are 'general available' as once a source is located, they're sold out fairly quickly. For whatever motor you're looking at, email the current price for each vendor so he can update the page. You might also note that several vendors are no long in business.

Joel. phx

Look at the list and think about the time it takes to look at all those sites for all those motors.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Ok my question is this....let say there was an equivalent site... for = motors only....and it was uptodate and I mean uptodate....not more than =

24 hrs old.... and it listed most if not all dealers.... and it listed actual mailing/shipping/hazmat charges so you could do a = comparsion contrast of the real cost of a specific motor... would you pay $1.00 for this information on every visit to the site? ie = pay per view? what about a subscription? $2.00 per month? think about it.....

shockie B)

buyrockets.com of

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

A subscription would be more practical as when you are buying you make multiple tasks over the course of a day or week.

Mandatory field: Does the vendor require LEUP to ship?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

what we need is a pricegrabber or pricewatch.com for motors...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Like a sample $1 E ?