Please look at www.SaveRocketryNow.org

Who wears underwear?? ;-) They have a well done GAP store on main street, and the Grand Union shopping center has a couple of stores just for the wayward tourist......not a big, ugly box but a fairly well done shopping center as shopping centers go.........then there is the EMS store where you can get 4 day undies.....two turns and one inside out and you've done 4 days, :-D

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

That's not very helpful, is it?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I wasn't aware that only one person was doing all that work. I supposed that the vendors would send their latest pricing (since lowest prices means potentially more business) to the buyrockets.com dude, and he/she would update the site. I realize that many of us have day jobs, but the pricing is quite outta wack for engines, even ones that are readily available.

Now I know what goes on behind the scenes. I'll do my own legwork and not use buyrockets.com. So much for one set of eyeballs looking at that web site. I don't want to sound harsh, but what use is an out-dated site? There are issues there more so than just Aerotech engines, including outdated links and closed businesses and such.

Tom Ha

Reply to
Tom Ha

Shockie,

I would. It would save me much time and even money, knowing that I could shop with confidence that I was getting a good price. I would think that vendors would get on board too, since they can bring in new business as well as support current business that way. I know I shop by more than just price, but I'll give a low-price vendor a chance to prove themselves once, before I rule them out and go with a higher-priced but better (service/selection) vendor.

Tom Ha NAR #76754

shockie B)

Reply to
Tom Ha

I have a hard time believeing that pricewatch has forced business out. If anything, maybe they need to be listed on pricewatch itself! But to consider price alone and then get crappy product and lousy service is no great deal. We have more local PC dealers now than ever before. We even have two in my borough of Mount Holly Springs (all of 2000 people!).

Local buyers and on field vendors will always be welcome. I buy locally and on-field as needed, and there is always some need, but my major purchases are online where I can get what I want and in quantities and prices I need to be able to continue flying.

Tom Ha NAR #76754

Reply to
Tom Ha

I don't really want a pricemotors.com anyways. All I asked for was an updated listing on buyrockets.com, where those vendors who deal online and want to be seen and compared can be listed with up-to-date pricing! Now we get the same old WalMart tirade!

Why can't people stay on-topic? This is a rocketry issue concerning an existing website, and not a discussion of competitive practices.

Shockie... go find your own soapbox and give me back my discussion thread! :)

Tom Ha

Reply to
Tom Ha

Tom, even though buyrockets.com may not be totally up to date, it still gives you an idea of where different vendors fit in against the competition overall......ie., who's pretty much straight list price, who's in the middle, who's low priced, etc. -- Richard "going down to Rhodesdale" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

How about the suppliers that charge ABOVE retail to increase selecton or deliver access in remote areas?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Change bank. We make it up on volume.