Please look at www.SaveRocketryNow.org

Back in the olden days when I was an AeroTech dealer, (bow and pray) I was seriously considering mailing a sample E to every NAR member who replied to a mailing approving it being sent to them.

However the same fate befell that idea as all other things AeroTech. I just could not get enough of what I ordered to do a hill of beans in business. Even WITH advance payments.

Sooooo, just as soon as I have it in writing again I can mail motors watch what happens. I seem to no longer have any supply issues of note.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

U.S. Rockets "Bill on Delivery".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

shockie, pricewatch forced many mom&pop computer stores out of business in my town. and they were only a few dollars higher. so many people gravitate to the lowest dollar. Yes, I tend to some times to. I''ve also paid the long dollar when I needed help and advice as well.

I'd hate to see a pricemotors.com, and have one motor dealer left in the us. and field sales ? gee wezz, "I can buy this motor for $5 cheaper on the internet", I can hear a guy in my club say today.

"I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a motor at the field today", ArtU

Reply to
Art Upton

I'll take one, he he..

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a motor at the field today", ArtU

Reply to
Art Upton

Wal-Mart killed several Main streets around here so the people could save a few scheckles......the result is a box store of people without a clue, the loss of all our specialty stores, loss of service, blight on main street, for a savings of 2-6% over what you could haggle for.........a 'pricemotors.com' idea sounds a lot like Wal-Mart. Cash on delivery to a force of robot loaded mentals, I've been in a hurry and taken many things (lacrosse, soccer, rockets, video....) from the local mom and pop stores who know I'm in a hurry and tell me to stop by and pay for it when I have time........they know me, I know them......of course I like dealing with people on a handshake too. I've built trust with the people I deal with. Some people can't do that. They need a lawyer and ink on a paper. I won't be stepping into a Wal-mart anytime soon, and definitely won't support a 'pricemotors.com' idea.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Wal-Mart wiped out our downtown, which used to thrive in the pre-wally era. Lots of empty downtown stores. They're using TIF funding to help fix-up the blighted downtown storefronts and sidewalks. It probably won't help much.

Now they're going to shut that wally down and build a super-dee-duper-wally to replace it. I guess it wasn't enough for wally to run everyone downtown out of business, now they're out to shut down the local grocery stores too.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Is there a way to donate without giving Tripoli my credit card details?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

R O F L

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

PayPal, or send a check to Frank Uroda according to the directions on the web site.

FWIW, the credit card information never gets to HQ; credit card info stops with the Treasurer, as he's the one with the card swipe machine, and the only one who uses it. Treasurer is in NE; HQ is in UT.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

So now you have to know it to that detail to maybe trust them? Then when they GET the money, then what?

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Any chance there's confusion between TV advertising and magazine advertising?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Wal-Mart was successfully thwarted in Lake Placid NY and all, except those driving round in rust buckets, were glad to keep them out......many outsiders were really glad......in talking with a Wally Associate she stated that Wally made 90 jobs for the community, but she couldn't understand they eliminated 200 people from making a living. It was as simple math problem, but the robot couldn't or wouldn't fathom it.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Capitalism stinks doesn't it. The consumer gets lower prices and better selection and those who can't compete go out of business. Perhaps the government should intervene and prohibit big box stores and provide subsides to the mom and pop stores. Employment for everyone.

If a Walmart moved into town and nobody shopped there, how long do you think they would stay in business? As with SUVs and mini-vans, people LOVE to complain about how much they HATE Walmart, but SOMEBODY must be shopping there!

There will always be niche retailers who provide something Walmart doesn't, be it product or service, that will thrive in any market. Consumers are willing to give up a little service for convenience and savings (that's why Internet shopping is so popular).

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Rudy said: Blanket 'capitalism' has not been here for 200 years.=20 neither has democracy................

Folks its all an illusion done with smoke and mirrors....look behind the = curtain....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

In economics we call this "optimizing the firm". The alternative is to "optimize the community". It requires some sacrifices on the part of specific "firms". Hard to get.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I must be blind, can you point me to where it says "PayPal"?

Sending a check is impractical, sending a money order too costly. In any case, I note that if I send Frank a cheque, it has to be made payable to "Tripoli Rocketry Association"!

Why would that make a difference? Is the treasurer more honest than HQ?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

One can only hope but not RELY ON, because the BOD was just as crooked as Kelly.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you don't like it, don't do it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

What? So as a tourist, where am I supposed to replace my supply of underware that I forgot to pack?

Thanks for the tip. I hate traveling somewhere, where you can't buy something you forgot to bring.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Only go places you can buy everything or Fedex it to yourself :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine